Hot Tub - Advice please

And the cost for keeping it warm via electricity?

Have you been to the Dordogne :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ?? I am picturing having to freeze buckets of water to make ice bergs for most of the year where it is being used :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: (May - Sept??). If we do it I’d say we’ll be solar heating as we are trying to get away from electricity!

1 Like

So does that make it not a ‘hot’ tub if it is cool / luke warm? Or does it make it a jaccussi? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A Spa :joy:

Wim Hoff?

Yes solar is much better as it can come from the hot storage tank. Its just the customer had a gas combi boiler near by and was fed up waiting a day for it to heat up.

1 Like

Thanks for all the comments and information…

Decided not to think any more about a hot-tub… it’s obviously not right for us or our situation.

cheers

3 Likes

Depends if it is located next to the pampas grass! :wink:

3 Likes

So the rumours concerning pampas grass are true then!

So, now you’ve had the spa a while @Griffin36 , what do you think of it ? I may be in the market for a decent spa, and having had inflatable ones in the past, I like the idea of a semi-rigid that doesn’t need blowing up ( ooh er missus !).
Looking at ads for this spa, it says it has vertical bubble jets for massaging the back. Is there just one, or more than one. Are they good ?
Anyone else have one of these ?

That’s very pricey! in the Vienne I pay less than 2€ per litre for water.

1 Like

And a bit for the treatment side to usually so €4?
Inless you are on a fosse

I’m not on mains drainage. The 2€/m³ is the marginal cost, and I think it’s the same for all supplied by Eaux de Vienne. The drainage/treatment element is shown separately on the bill and I don’t think it increases with water consumption.

It does in most departments where mains drainage exists. Some pay the supplied amount some x2 and some x3.

We are on mains, ever m2 you pay both use and the charges.

1 Like

We’re on water restrictions in 17 so regular changes of the water are now banned.

1 Like

Which then comes down to how good or bad the filtration is. On some I worked on the plumbing was altered to a commercial setup where filtration is via a small sand filter with Dryden Aqua’s AFM on a separate circuit to the spa jets. With the small replacable element type filters more commonly used on domestic spas when the spa boost is used it is the one circuit so ruining the filtration in most cases as water is forced through at a high rate.
So where does that leave French regulations that water must be changed between different groups of renters?

Sorry for the late reply, we were on honeymoon :wink:

The Netspa Octopus has been an excellent buy for us, easy to put up and take down as we put it and the furniture away for the winter, we have had no problems so far with it.
We had to go with a blow up domed lid under the cover as it was too flexible with 3 or 4 cats sleeping on top of it though :yum:
The bubble part is a ring with holes in it that goes right round the lining and work well ( some times a little to well :slightly_smiling_face: ) and it has been easy to keep clean even though we have hard water here.
We use a usb rechargeable stick vacuum to get any sand out and the furniture has worn well.
So yes we are happy we bought it and use it most nights.l

1 Like

Thanks @Griffin36 . I did think when I posted that you were getting married about now, so my congratulations to both of you and I hope you both had a great day, and a great honeymoon as well. Hope you managed to get a bagpiper as well :hear_no_evil:
I’m probably going to make a decision in the next few weeks about a spa, so your comments are very welcome. Ive been looking online for the filters for this spa and there seem to be very few selling them. I got the specs and they’re exactly the same dimensions as a lay z spa type VI. Where do you get yours from ?

Many thanks :sunglasses:.
Any of the DIY type stores, Bricomarche, Leroy etc + B&M, Gifi etc have the size.

Another congratulations from me! Would love a wedding thread with all the details and photos if you feel you would like to share!

On the spa, what do you estimate for running costs? Replacing filters ect?

Presumably you’re not talking about specific Netspa filters as I can only find those on the Netspa website. Are you buying the lay z spa type VI ones ? They are the same size.