How good a job has Bojo and his team done so far

Boris vows to turbocharge the efforts on Covid.
Now a turbo charger just adds a lot of wind to an engine. So no change is likely then :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That would be sweet, wouldn’t it but unfortunately, the rules governing vicarious liability come in to play here…

Yes John, but it’s powered by exhaust gasses so maybe more appropriate than one would initially think. Supercharge would have been a more elegant word for him to use.

1 Like

It must be a relief to the type of person who does not bother, or care about the consequences of their poor work, that they cannot personally be held accountable.

Perfect for him seeing as he talks out of his backside all the time :yum:

The revelations from the Good Law Project keep on coming. this involves Lord Bethell, Health Minister and his cronies.
Hi

It never stops.

Good Law Project has uncovered remarkable evidence that a Tory Minister brought a former Chair of the Tory Party, a man who now runs a lobbying firm, into the heart of Government to work on the massive multi-billion PPE procurement process. Having got his feet under the table that former Chair lobbied to win PPE contracts for at least one, and possibly a number, of clients of his lobbying firm.

The Tory Minister is Lord Bethell. The former Tory Party Chair is Lord Feldman - once described as David Cameron’s oldest and best friend - and he worked for Bethell from 23 March to 15 May 2020. And his huge lobbying firm is Tulchan, whose client list includes Bunzl Healthcare.

Bunzl was given a £22.6m PPE contract by the Department for Health without any competition in April 2020, smack bang in the middle of the period Feldman was working with Bethell. And we have also learned, from Government’s own documents, that:

• Feldman was involved in the award of this contract. Bunzl had been removed from the Department for Health’s ‘approved suppliers list’ - and Feldman got them back on. An email from Feldman to Bunzl on 22 March 2020 states that he was acting as “an unpaid advisor to Matthew Hancock at the department of health…but that there have been some historic issues which mean that you have been removed from the approved suppliers list. I would like to remedy that as soon as possible”.

• On the same day, he emailed Bunzl, copying in Andrew Wood whom he describes as “the person leading the accelerated procurement process in Cabinet Office” and said “I have spoken to him [Andy Wood] about Bunzl and the opportunity for you to supply the UK Government with equipment. He will be in touch”.

• And then, several days later, when Bunzl thought the deal was not progressing quickly enough, it asked Feldman to intervene - which he did. On 25 March Feldman wrote directly to the line manager of the official dealing with Bunzl, encouraging him to expedite the contract award process: “We need to move quickly”.

We fear these revelations just scratch the surface. We have seen Lord Feldman’s ‘Declarations of interest form’ and it contains a list of his other conflicts of interest. But Government has concealed these other names:

“some of our clients [Tulchan Communication LLP], as well as many other companies are offering assistance to the government during the covid-19 crisis. This includes [REDACTED], Bunzl, [REDACTED], [REDACTED], [REDACTED]”.

Despite requests from our lawyers Government is refusing to confirm which other companies linked to Cameron’s oldest friend and his lobbying firm Tulchan Communications were introduced to Government and/or won public contracts.

We have now launched formal Judicial Review proceedings. If you would like to help us challenge this extraordinary abuse of power - you can do so here.

We are publishing the Judicial Review Bundle we’ve submitted to the Court. Our amended Statement of Facts and Grounds and my Witness Statement are well worth a read.

Thank you,

Jo Maugham QC
Director of Good Law Project

1 Like

Does this fall foul of minimum wage regulations?

2 Likes

Not if it was an internship.

1 Like

It also seems that BoJo thinks that Europe has had enough of our excellent orchestras and musicians as he is doing nothing to promote visa free touring for them.
This is is nothing short of a disgrace, as the music industry contributes a huge amount of money to the UK GDP.

1 Like

And, since putting India on the red list, 110 direct flights have flown to the UK. On arrival the passengers were all mixed up in the arrival lounge and passport control with passengers from countries on the green list.
Bojo and twat handcock what a pair, all so they can suck up to wealthy Indians for trade deals. Don’t worry about starting a 3rd wave Boris.

5 Likes

If only we had a government as honest as this:

4 Likes

The EU-Australia trade deal has been in negotiation for 3 years, and is likely to take a lot longer. One sticking point is the low standards of food safety, animal welfare and environmental responsibility in Australian farming. Now the UK seems to be entering into a double-quick deal with Australia. Have Truss & Co sacrificed the future health and wellbeing of the British people for a quick-and-dirty deal?

And now…
The Government Wants to Sell Your GP Medical Records – Here’s How to Opt-Out – Byline Times

Yes, I was aware of this. The data is a goldmine for healthcare AI development. It should be an opt in, not an opt out approach. But what would one expect from the bastards in charge?

1 Like

You’re right. I would expect that my records are not among those to be sold. But it set me wondering. I suspect that my records may be languishing somewhere in the system despite the fact I moved to France almost 20 years ago.

1 Like

and the opt out page on the NHS site is not accessible from outside the UK.
Make your choice about sharing data from your health records - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
Great.
T0SS3RS

1 Like

Brilliant :roll_eyes: