How good a job has Bojo and his team done so far

I’ve read it and think it worth mentioning in addition to contacting the central service to tell them not to share your data it looks like you also have to ensure your GP surgery receives the Type 1 form as well.

What is it coming to, when the government rides roughshod over people’s rights and privacy in this way.

There has to be huge backhanders and promises of future access to personal riches being done here for this to happen especially in such a sneaky way.

I would contact the central number @Fleur because as you say your records are surely still there somewhere.

It’s all part of the great US trade deal. The US wants this data and the US will get this data (the equivalent of which does not exist on the US).

Having spent a lot of my career working in US firms and US-dominated industries that worm always turns. People in the US are disposable unless they are very rich !(can be incredibly stupid, a waste of space or even nasty, but must be very rich).

i should have been more explicit Karen. Access to this data is one of the many, many US demands for a trade deal. Boris, a man or zero principles anyway, will give anything away for a US (or Australian or Bongo Bongo land) deal to show Global Britain is “working”.

Ahhhh but @Geof_Cox - you are missing the point they will have signed a “World Beating Trade Deal” with Australia no matter how shit the contents of the deal are or how damaging they will be to various trades/industries - just wait for the cheering and fanfares.

1 Like

Yes Mat. Life is so much simpler for those who don’t worry about the truth. Did you notice Trump uses exactly the same comforting hype. It was always going to be the best ever this, the best ever that and the best ever the other. Translating that to a personal level, I’ve never trusted any sales person who promised to do me a “great” deal :slightly_smiling_face:

I could ask if this is legal, but it seems to be open house over there :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Bingo! I tried using a VPN and the form opened. Now I need to search for my old NHS number in my archives… this could take some time…

I tried too but…

not too many years ago they changed the format and we got new numbers. Are you by chance entering your original pre-change number?

Probably Karen.

Meanwhile, I’m listening to this… :slightly_smiling_face: There’s only so much one can take.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzGBQerkvWs

2 Likes

The number on my NHS medical card (found this morning), last issued in 1988 has 4 characters and 2 digits so is presumably pre-change. No joy online. I’m going to post the paper form to my old doctors’ surgery, for what it’s worth.

If you phone doc’s surgery they can see it and you might be able to get them to tell you.

1 Like

Modern NHS numbers, introduced in 1996, are 10 digits - 9 digits plus a check digit - as specified here. Not all combinations of the first 9 digits are possible.

Often written in groups of 3, 3 and 4 digits eg 123 456 7890 or 123-456-7890.

1 Like

I don’t recall ever getting a new NHS number, or what I did yesterday thinking about it :thinking:

2 Likes

Well said Mark, I feel a bit like that!
I currently have several computer and admin problems to sort out and it’s all blurring into a bit of a mess. I’ve no idea whether I ever got a new NHS number and couldn’t really care less, because I thought I had left the NHS 20 years ago. Except now I’m niggled by this personal data thing.
Thank you to everyone for your helpful suggestions. I’m now going to prioritise and try sorting things out one at a time. There are other issues more urgent than the NHS!

1 Like

Just saw a thought provoking suggestion on Twitter, though the thoughts it provokes are not especially good ones.

Johnson1 wants a quick trade deal with Australia which covers/lowers food standards so as to lock us in to Brexit, as it would make it impossible to rejoin the SM&CU even if we wanted to (or, at any rate, orders of magnitude harder).

Sadly quite plausible.

1] Or, as he is now known in our household “he who must not be named”.

I think that gives him far too much credit for strategic thinking Paul. There may be evil minds in the ERG or elsewhere who could devise such a cunning plan, but not Bojo.

1 Like