How good a job has Bojo and his team done so far

I know @tim17 is joking… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: my Dad was always happy… even in adversity… although that did take some determination… :roll_eyes: :relaxed:

1 Like

I don’t think they have made a good job of it,but I don’t know if anybody else in UK politics could have done better

1 Like

I would be more than happy to let someone try!

2 Likes

Isn’t that exactly what they want you to think - total clusterf**k but “no-one could have done better”.

It isn’t true; frankly my son’s goldfish could have done better.

Even if we were still saddled with a Tory government I suspect May or Cameron (and certainly Major) would have coped better - admittedly they would probably have had the same starting point of an NHS run down by 10 years of austerity and an equipment stock-pile that was similarly decimated having failed to learn/implement the lessons from exercise Cygnus but important early opportunities to get ahead of the game were squandered.

As for Labour - Starmer, I think, would definitely have done a better job - heck I think even Corbyn might have done a better job so dire is the response of the current government.

If you want to know how things could have gone - look at Germany, or S. Korea or NZ

2 Likes

I will give you New Zealand, but the German infection rate is rising again

I think if they’d left it all to Chris Whitty, Caroline Calderwood and Neil Ferguson all would have been better. Doesn’t need politics but practical experience. And the latter two wouldn’t have had time to nip off to second home or have lover nip in so would still be in post.

2 Likes

S.Korea is worried as well.

But even with a rising infection rate Germany still handled this better than the UK

And it only goes to show that even a slight relaxation of the rules can allow rates to start to climb - this isn’t news, we’ve known this about pandemics for a century (and why I feel it is premature to relax our lockdown).

Oh, came across this today - not only was Johnson late to initiate a lockdown it seems that he had to have his hand forced by Macron.

4 Likes

What a cute name to give a goldfish! And very thoughtful too. :tropical_fish:

Or is your son Frankly? I’m rather old and get things mixed up at times.

4 Likes

Now that is really scraping the preverbial isnt it.

But doesn’t a goldfish only 10 second memory? Oh yeah sorry I agree with you it would have been better as less likely to lie!

1 Like

There is limited scope for him to have done worse - so, on that basis, the balance of probabilities is that he would have done better. A close competition though, I agree.

2 Likes

Someone on FB suggested that Doris gave the OK for sports with members of your own family on the basis that he has fathered enough children to make up a cricket team :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

If you aren’t already bored, here’s the full report,

I always find that point of view strange. Why are people so keen to put down others who have not failed especially when it’s hard to imagine that they could have done any worse than the people who have. BJ has been in the perfect position to prove his worth, he has failed but that doesn’t allow us to make judgements on people who have not been in a position to show their worth.

Edited as asked.

I didn’t put anybody down. I said I didn’t know if anybody else could have done better, I haven’t a clue. I can think of several international politicians who would have done though

2 Likes

David, to what are you referring to.

1 Like

Yes you could be right. I’m becoming incomprehensible in both French and English.

Though I did manage to rescue my car from Nice airport today.

5 Likes

In Patrick Vallance’s opinion it’s join the herd or die.