How good a job has Bojo and his team done so far

Hi Eddie, I read Charente’s comment as him agreeing with you. I could be wrong of course!
Izzy x

Shusshhh Izzy - I think Eddie is on a mission… :wink:

Talking of shit shows,

Johnson suggests sewage testing could be used to monitor coronavirus

Johnson says, if Covid is detected in the water supply of a town (presumably he means in the sewage), new restrictions could be imposed locally.

Shan’t shush, so there! I just thought there had been a misunderstanding, as happens so often when things are written rather than spoken, and was trying to prevent the misunderstanding escalating. Would you prefer the sport of a bit of fighting?
Izzy x

2 Likes

It’s happening all over the internet Izzy everybody’s getting snippy with each other. Thanks for trying to calm things down and I do apologise to David if I misinterpreted what he said. Like you say it’s easy to misunderstand the written word

3 Likes

Did you cross depts,any problems?

Yes Lily, from the Var to Alpes-Maritimes. No problems. No controls.

1 Like

Well, on the basis of the effluent emanating from Number 10, it should be shut down immediately.

3 Likes
1 Like

This bit in the article given by @anon88169868 says it all…

Labour leader Keir Starmer asked the prime minister a series of very specific questions about guidance provision, timetables, workplace safety requirements, public transport arrangements, childcare and gaps between policy in the home nations. He did not get any answers, just a series of platitudes - “there is far more that unites the UK than divides it”, “this is the moment for the whole country to come together”, all of that. It was an incessant stream of vapid tosh.

This is a government which simply does not know what it is doing. There is not even a trace-element of competence on display. After a week of planning, it is beyond comprehension that they should fail to decide on what day these measures are supposed to apply, let alone be unable to describe what they are.

More true words spoken by the voice of reason.
God help the UK

1 Like

Seems to me that the government could take lessons from the NHS.
How to adapt rapidly to new situations.
How to do the right thing, regardless of personal cost.
What it really means to work “round the clock.”

2 Likes

Would you like to edit your comment to Roger please. No need for such unpleasantness. Thanks.

1 Like

Politicians work round the clock, They cant even work normal hours let alone round the clock.

All water supplies, particularly sewage are monitored for Covid, as it is excreted by the body.
It is done in Paris. Perhaps you should take it up with President Macron.

I think that Rory Stewart would have done a much better job. He was an Army man and has the attitude needed to get the job done. He was doing a sterling job as Prisons Minister, actually using common sense and applying it. Not a trait I have seen among the rest.
He also had the sense not to be tarnished by BoJo and his crew.

1 Like

So why has he dropped out of the race for London Mayor?
I was impressed by his performance in the race for the Conservatives leadership, before you ask.

I don’t think this was meant for me

No, this is getting far too difficult to follow.

1 Like

As far as I understand, Stewart dropped out of the mayoral election because it’s been postponed and he felt unable to maintain his team of volunteers over a much longer period than he originally envisaged.

Even Greece! How shaming is that - a country that was near bankrupt in recent history and has numerous immigrants camping out has only 153 deaths.

1 Like