How good a job has Bojo and his team done so far

A friend of mine’s mum had one. She rolled it turning off the main road onto our road after a school run. Luckily she was the only one onboard. Not a pane of glass left in the thing and a very shaken Mrs. Woods. She moved on a Mini then, if my memory serves me well.

It was very easy to lift the passenger side wheel when driving solo.
Like a motorcycle and sidecar, always safer with someone in the “chair.”

1 Like

@anon88169868 “From the Art of Comic Timing”…

It’s not the jokes, it’s the way he tells 'em, like the cupid stunt he is. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I was given one by my great uncle when I was a teenager. It had four wheels. It was badly damaged by vandals before I was able to get it on the road. :frowning:

Oh dear, Oh dear…

And in retaliation they have kicked him out of the parliamentary party - what an absolute shower.

3 Likes

The committee may now be in a position to release The Russia Report. Govt hoped Grayling would be chair to keep control of situation.

1 Like

In other news:

This is the convincing case that the UK government is doing a truly fantastic job, one that we can all be very proud of:

The trouble is that Lewis is still a Tory at heart, and he’s just lost the whip - so which way is he going to flip.

Is he going to give No 10 the finger and publish, or is he going to come over all “I’ll be a good boy and not release the nasty report if you let me back in”?

1 Like

I thought he had also be kicked out of the Tory Party? Perhaps the wrong time for govt to piss someone off?

Absolutely staggering incompetence

1 Like

Yes “remove the whip” = “out of the party” - but as I said it depends which way he flips - if he goes cap in hand to No 10 and promises to toe the line they might restore the whip; depends entirely if he has the moral fibre to stand up to the bullies. But as every potential candidate had to confirm allegiance to Johnson/Brexit before selection for the 2019 election possession of moral fibre amongst Tory MPs is probably quite rare.

But he did actively stand against their preferred candidate which suggests he is not 100% supportive of no. 10.

Didn’t I read somewhere it’s a fixed term suspension - 1 year? If so, that perhaps reduces the leadership’s leverage.
It’s interesting also as a sign - along with the only-just-averted Huawei rebellion and other broken ranks over Cummings, etc - that there are pretty serious Tory divisions.

Nothing to stop him crossing the floor of the House with a less left wing Labour bench under KS (or the LibDems of course). This Parliament still has a long time to run…

2 Likes

I presume you mean KS?

He could but the whole set of Tories at the moment are bluer than blue so I think the Labour benches would be quite a stretch. The LibDems seem to be a spent force (again) at present so not sure he would wind up there either - I think the days of mass defections to the cross-benches are past us for a while.

I hadn’t heard anything about the suspension being temporary - but if it is there is still going to be an element of “only back in if you behave”.

For the moment it is sufficient of a finger to Cummings/Johnson to sustain the hope that not all is lost - let’s see if they are stupid enough to try to force the issue, I think that would lose them a lot of backbench support.

If you look him up on the Parliamentary pages for contacting MP’s, he is already listed as an Independent MP. They don’t waste much time do they?
I have just called his constituency office and they are receiving many calls of support and are logging them.
I have mentioned what we all think of Johnson’s attempts to influence the Committee by installing his stooge and it was received with much appreciation.
I have also written to my MP telling her just exactly what I think of the situation and thanking the members of the Committee for saving their independence.

2 Likes