How to: create a micro-enterprise and tax implications

I am trying to create a micro enterprise but i am afraid of possible tax bombs landing on my letter box. I would love to hear from others who have the experience and can give me some advice.

tks

1 Like

Welcome to France :wink:

And this is the simple way of running a small business!

OMG i think I need a lie down, or a good calculator :wink: Thanks again.

hi

Yes my husband is AE Prof Liberale & we declare on line via net-entreprises. Everything seems to be in order with our AE declarations from URSSAF so I guess weā€™ll just ignore this form. It has zero amounts on it anyway. We get so much paperwork I end up ignoring half of it as it doesnā€™t make sense or correspond with the AE requirements!

weā€™ve had a form from RSI Notfication de Situation, Avis Dā€™Appel Rectificatif prise en compte des revenus, thankfully with 2010 & 2011 zero values. No idea what to do with this. We also had an attestation fiscale 2010 from Urssaf which was correct for my husbandā€™s revenue in 2010. Not sure if we need to send this to RSI or not!

Thanks, Andrew, thatā€™s quite a shlep, but will be necessary, I think if Iā€™m ever going to sort this mess out!

URSSAF des Deux SĆØvres in Niort:

http://www.niort.urssaf.fr/index.php?option=content&task=blogsection&id=11&Itemid=5852

Bonne chance !

Thank you very much Finn, for all of you helpful replies/comments. At least the form is the correct one and I can hopefully work with that to correct the situation. Fingers crossed, Iā€™m able to find a URSSAF office nearby.

Unfortunately, it was the lady that filled out the forms who told me that it would be a while before I would be asked for any contributions. I feel pretty stupid now for thinking it was a done deal.

Thanks for your advice, Andrew. The CCI bit is easy, itā€™s everything else thatā€™s complicated!

Ok, the form was filled out by a person who was recommended to me- it was done on line and itā€™s titled- P o or zero (not sure, sorry) AUTO-ENTREPRENEUR - Declaration de Debut Dā€™Activite. Sub-titled- Personne Physique- Debut dā€™activite artisanale. A copy was then sent and accepted by the Centre de Formalities des Entreprises.

This is the first form Iā€™ve had so, itā€™s looks like Iā€™ve made a mistake. I had been told that it would be a while before I was asked to pay anything and so didnā€™t query the fact that I hadnā€™t been asked, if that makes sense. Any advice on what I should do next ?

I see that youā€™re teaching with the CCI - if there isnā€™t a lot of work I think youā€™d be better off as a vacataire instead of an indĆ©pendant - Iā€™ve been both for the CCI, you earn more as an indĆ©pendant but at the end of the day, and especially with the future CFE to pay next year, a lot stay vacataire - so much easier and CPAM not RSI - much less hassle!

as for the form, Iā€™m sure Finn knows the answer, Iā€™m not sure off the top of my head but Iā€™d phone and ask them why youā€™ve received it - they really do make sooooo many mistakes!

On closer inspection at the top it has the RSI, CNAVPL and URSSAF logos and itā€™s for - Assurance maladie/ vieillesse & securite social.

The title is- DECLARATION COMMUNE DES REVENUS DES PROFESSIONS INDEPENDANTES - REVENUS 2010. Written in capitals- itā€™s the first time Iā€™ve been sent this type of form.

Iā€™ve never filled anything in for the RSI - everything is done via my URSSAF each quarterā€¦ watch out, the RSI often try to treat you as a normal indĆ©pendant and get you to pay a whole host of things which you donā€™t have to. Each year they send me things - I phone them to ask why and they tell me to ignore it ! the only people I pay are the URSSAF who then pay all the necessary people for me.

Good luck !

Hello, Iā€™m wondering if anyone can help me. Iā€™m just about to fill in my first RSI revenue declaration. Any advice welcome, Iā€™m registered as an auto-entrepreneur and I donā€™t know where to start or which sections to fill in. I registered in September 2009 and this is the first official RSI ā€˜thingā€™ that Iā€™ve had to complete and return. Thank you in advance.

Couldnā€™t agree more - the UK and anglo-saxon countries do everything possible to encourage entrepreneurs and the self employed, France does the exact opposite. I didnā€™t go self-employed for a number of years because it wasnā€™t worth it. the auto entrepreneur has made it worth it for me but itā€™s still a long way off being self-employed in the UK. It was meant to work for small turnovers but risks being useless/very expensive for thousands of people who will end up going back to moonlighting - the very reason the auto entrepreneur status was set - to try and put an end to all the people working ā€œau noirā€ !

Well summed up Finn, I started in 2009 and have not had to pay taxe professionnelle or the new CFE yet but next year could be a real problemā€¦ CFE based on hypothetical rental value (as is the taxe fonciĆØre - mineā€™s 1300 euros a year, 2100ā‚¬ including taxe dā€™habitation, which is steep enough without charging again!) makes you realise why so many people want to be on a cdi or a fonctionnaire - most of the time itā€™s not worth the hassle trying to make a go of something! I canā€™t see auto entrepreneurs getting out of the CFE as ALL other businesses have to pay it (although Iā€™d prefer not to!) also very well pointed out for those on any type of financial aid/RSA/CAF etc.