How to get a Dell laptop with English windows and Qwerty keyboard in France

Don't panic Amanda.

11" Chromebook cheapo thing can be posted to France (for an extra £20) HERE

How about a 15.6" Dell? Well spec'd (Core i5-4210U, 4GB, 500GB+8GB, Windows 8.1 Pro) and delivered to France for £25 HERE

That is just a couple I found on eBay in 3 mins.

They are of course all English and at worst you'll need an adapter for the mains lead or chuck it and replace the lead with a French one. (real men change the plug)

just looked at your link brian

these are for keyboards QWERTY

I am needing laptop not just keyboard but thank you for your help

if you know how i can get an english laptop with software in english

can anyone help me out

does anyone have a laptop for sale please

thank you to you brian and all of you - please can someone help me out ?

I am happy to buy a used one yes definitely if possible

Do you have one or know where I can get one please?

but will also buy a new new one too but must have QWERTY keyboard and all software in english

amazon france are all AZERTY keyboards and software is in french

can you help me at all please?

yes Brian but they are not QWERTY keyboard and software is not in english

what I mean is that i need a laptop not just a keyboard and all laptops from amazon france are AZERTY and software in french too

sorry for the confusion by my post

do you know a way round this please? i need laptop with english everything

I am desperately looking for some help here please

You are looking for a used, English keyboard, English language laptop? Is that correct? (or was it 'new' you were after?)

Amazon France:

http://www.amazon.fr/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?_mk_fr_FR=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=dell+qwerty+keyboard

Or do it from the Amazon link above, choosing Amazon.fr. It is usually as cheap to buy from them because post and packaging if free whereas buying from UK can bump the price up a fair bit.

i am trying to buy an english QWERTY keyboard all in english laptop

Does any know how I can do this in france or where I can put a wanred ad on this forum as maybe someone has one for sale maybe with vista or win 7 etc

please can someone help me here at all.

thank you

That was my suggestion if France didn't work out - just make sure your friends pack it well, and maybe take it out of original packaging, as used.

If shipped new, could cause customs issues??? Maybe not, but maybe. Congrats on new lappy :-)

Thanks Carl. I've tweaked a few settings over the last couple of months, so have everything in English except for the welcome message upon starting, etc., which I can live with. I now have it going directly to my desktop, and never see the Metro screen unless I need to. I can't recall but I think this was after I downloaded the update for Windows 8.1 or 8.2 or whatever - the one they brought out to simulate a "start" button. One of these days I will get the courage to run an alternative OS.

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Hi Celeste,

sounds like a good plan but they don't have the model I want :(

Thanks for your input.

Hi Carl,

I'll try out Windows 8 and see if I can get used to it. If not I'll try your suggestion.

Thanks for your input.

Hi Dave,

thank you for the input. Dell France was not able to supply the laptop I wanted. While I can ordered it with a QWERTY keyboard Dell claims that it will come with French OS and it can't be changed. I'm doubtful but not taking the chance.

I'm sure that HP have many good options too but I'm happy with the Dell I have found so will order from Dell UK and have it shipped to a friend in the UK who will then ship it to me.

Thanks for your input.

Sheila, If you have got totally fed up with the Metro screen there are many ways of turning it off or moving it out of the way so it is not popping up all over the place.

Classic Shell does a good job but just remember to install it slowly ONLY installing the shell and not anything else. (not unusual with software installation)

http://www.classicshell.net/

Once Metro is in the background you can still access it whenever you want but for the most part you need never see it again.

Carl
IT professional (so they say)

We have Windows 8.1 on our new PC but having read many horror stories opted for a touch screen as also read that it was designed for this as touch screens are apparently the future.

We have jumped from Windows Vista to 8.1 and find it a massive improvement.

Although, as a touch typist also hate AZERTY screens can't undo the rigours of an RSA in typing from many years ago - I still bash the keyboard as if I'm thumping away on an old Olympus.

Is windows 8 that horrible? i do not think so it just takes some getting used to. Oh and Jorgen if Dell do not come up with the goods HP France are in my opinion excellent and can sort out Qwerty keyboards, mind you it is surprising how soon one gets to handle an Azerty one.

Dave

Wish I could have done that, Jorgen. However, I bought from their sales section - I'm guessing that this is where they sell off desktops and laptops that were built to someone else's specific order, and the order was never completed. Anyway, for about €350 I got the desktop, 20" monitor, keyboard, mouse, and of course the hated W8.

Thanks Sheila,

Dell responded to my Facebook message to them and asked for my mobile and they will have an English speaking sales person call me so it can be sorted. Maybe I can even convince to put on windows 7 :)

Jorgen

Hi. I ordered a Dell PC last year through their France website. Couldn't see anywhere on the site to change the keyboard to QWERTY - I am a touch typist so this was essential - and then ordered a reasonably cheap QWERTY keyboard from Amazon - Logitech. The Azerty keyboard was donated to a French friend who needed a replacement.

One big mistake I made was to order with W8. IMHO, it's rubbish. Had I known, I would have tried to get W7.

I changed various language sessions to English, but didn't dare mess around with BIOS, etc., so that's still in French, but isn't a problem.

As I recall it was a number on their website, it was a few years ago and no problem at all. Seems to be a regular request there. I didn't know what specific model I wanted but explained my requirements and the specification that was emailed to me was exactly right. Very happy with it.

Hi Julie,

have sent them a message on Facebook so we will see what happens.

Many thanks.

Jorgen