How to Recharge - Orange

I have just purchased extra credit for my orange sim card and have followed the print out instructions received from Rrange via email
it says Enter #123# followed by send button - done
Call 224 and follow the instructions - done
BUT the instructions are in french and I have no clue on what to do
I do that the 14 digit code that was sent to me - but am not having any luck in getting credit on to my phone

But be nice if anyone could give me step by step instructions on how to unlock my credit

thanks in advance - Peter huber

i used to just use the cash point. other option is to scan the coupon with your phone using translate app

also ask them in the shop to do it for you

Hi harry

Thanks but I purchased the extra credit over the internet and I though some one might know the steps on how to do it – as the instructions on the mobile phone are in French

Cheers

Peter Huber

if you can scan it in or just type the details into google translate it will give you the instructions. many years since i used a top up card and then t was only for 2 or 3 months while i sorted a perma contract

Hi Harry that’s ok – forgot to tell you the instructions are verbally in French on the mobile

Never mind thanks any way

Cheers

peter

I assume that the voice instructions are a menu of some sort based on the instructions below (copied from the Orange web site) it sounds llike you need to listen out for the “Recharger” option and then enter the 14 digit code.

if its orange you can ring up support in orange weekdays, no french neighbours you could ask for help?

Hi Paul

Thanks anyway for that - but still having issues following the voice instructions

Instructions sent to me by email after paying via credit card says dial #123# - I fail to see why typing in #123# which shows me that I have no credit – which I already know – is this French idiocy ??

Continuing written instructions on the email – directly under the above instructions it reads dial 224 – then I get a voice in French which I can’t follow – that’s where my issue lies.

As mentioned earlier dialling #123# shows me that I have no credit, directly underneath in an unorderly fashion, there are numerical instructions in French – one of them is recharger – design of this entry method is like from the cave-man days it’s a wonder the French can understand it.

So I pressed the numeric number referring to the recharge – then that takes me to another messy menu – then I am lost as this no longer makes sense.

It is the most convoluted & disorganised method of entry I have ever seen.

Sorry for the bitching – I will try to sort it out tomorrow & once I have masted this outlandish method I will post it on the forum

Cheers

Peter

1 Like

Peter - lots of ways to recharge - see this link where the use of the 14 digit code is also covered under the ‘Depuis votre mobile’ section, and then scroll down to ‘Depuis le #123#’ (assuming you’ve previously recharged using a credit card!). Just use Google translate or Deepl if you need language help.

https://assistance.orange.fr/assistance-commerciale/la-gestion-de-vos-offres-et-options/recharger-votre-offre/mobicarte-recharger-du-credit_39632-26818#onglet2

Maybe (?) you’d be better off with the 2€ / month deal from Free Mobile - no recharging required, no contract and cheaper rates! :slight_smile:

http://mobile.free.fr

1 Like

I really don’t understand your logic. Surely you are asked to dial #123# to reach the recharger option listed under the available credit. How is that idiocy?

1 Like

Orange English helpline 0969363900
Monday to Friday “normal office hours”
Beware as well, I am sure Orange top up only lasts 30 days and then expires.
Remember you are in France, and such things are geared towards French language😁.
As one other poster said use google translate, if you get a number for “Recharger” then after that crank in the code from payment card then you are done.
They then send a text with your balance.
I found the easiest option was a Reglomobile SIM from Leclerc.
When I first got mine the young guy in the shop was only too happy to set it up for me.
Now I just top up my chosen forfeit online on a monthly basis about 28 of each month.
For €10 a month I get unltd calls, unltd texts and 3gb data.
Some good deals around so shop around.
There are others who have commented that have excellent deals with their monthly “forfeit”
Wait until you have to translate and understand a message on your voicemail!
Bon courage

1 Like

No international calls from France included though. Just for info, the Free Mobile 2€ offer includes outgoing international calls.

2 Likes

Hello Peter
There are Orange ‘boutiques’ in lots of towns. I don’t know where you are but you could do a search on Internet to find out where your nearest Orange shop is. Pop in and let them do the work.
Incedentally I use Prixtel at 2 euros a month (my phone isn’t used much, just for basic stuff) and it’s credited on a monthly basis from my credit card.

https://www.prixtel.com/

1 Like

I don’t need the international calls from my mobile. If I need to do that I use my house internet phone or FaceTime.
If I go out of France I get 1 hour of calls, 100 texts and a bit of data which I switch off and if need access use WiFi connection

Yes David - I was just providing the info in case anyone else may be interested :slight_smile: (no need to reply!)

2 Likes

Thanks Simon – all sorted – much appreciated

Cheers Peter

Thanks – all sorted – much appreciated

Cheers Peter

Thanks David – all sorted – much appreciated

Final result was as follows:-

Once you have received your 14-digit code via email –

then

Follow these instructions on your phone – (problem is instructions are in French)

On the dial pad type in 224 (music & instructions are given in French ignore it if you can’t understand)

Next – Once music & instructions in French are finished Press 2

TYPE in your 14 digit Code and you are good to go

You will receive confirmation that you now have credit.

If you make a mistake press (Star *) and start again

Cheers Peter

2 Likes

Thanks Ann – all sorted – much appreciated

Final result was as follows:-

Once you have received your 14-digit code via email –

then

Follow these instructions on your phone – (problem is instructions are in French)

On the dial pad type in 224 (music & instructions are given in French ignore it if you can’t understand)

Next – Once music & instructions in French are finished Press 2

TYPE in your 14 digit Code and you are good to go

You will receive confirmation that you now have credit.

If you make a mistake press (Star *) and start again

Cheers Peter

1 Like