How to Recharge - Orange

Well done @PeterHuber and thanks for giving the info that finally worked :relaxed:

Does anyone know if you can get a simple SIM Only tariff in France that just recurs monthly without having to top up.

In the UK I have this with Three (3 UK)of 4gb data, unlimited calls and unlimited texts for £11/month - is there anything similar in France? Ideally 2gb data and a minimum of 100 minutes of calls a month and 100 texts (calls to UK may be useful)

I have looked on the Free website and the Orange website but I cannot find anything similar.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks

Mat you need to look again! All the operators do them - e.g. see my Free Mobile link above, or look at SFR Red :slight_smile:

Mat

I use Leclerc Reglomobile. It’s not a contract so you do have to recharge but you can pay for a year at a time if you want. I like the no contract part and not having another direct debit.

Here’s a link.

Phew, good that you have a result Peter, it can be so frustrating when vocal ‘robotic’ instructions are given. One can sometimes get lost in all the blah, blah :wink:

Thanks

Thanks Mandy I will have a look.

Red SFR works for me (very basic phone), but OH now has another Red SFR, slightly different one which does internet as well… just check out the various websites…

1 Like

Yes took me a while to figure it out with the help of my neighbour, who speaks French and he was also frustrated – but all done & dusted now – Stella may be you can put the instructions in a special place for future help for any one with the same question – as you are the Guru.

Cheers

Peter

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

NO - most definitely NOT! How insulting.

As already stated there are numerous, simple ways to recharge French PAYG mobiles. All the operators give full details on their websites - easily translatable, should you need to…

To be honest I’d have lost the will to live reading through this thread :wink:

2 Likes

I can do you a nice, short funeral… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Thanks – will think about appropriate epitaph

No problem Peter, happy to help.

Been there myself when I first came over 3 years ago.

It’s surprising how quickly you get a grasp of the required french for admin tasks.

If I can be of any help with anything else just email me or get me through messenger.

I can then let you know how I sorted out the various ways I have got things done such as health system, work, tax forms etc etc

Bon courage and bienvenue en France

David

1 Like

Thanks David

Do you have a personal email so we can talk ?

mine is peter@bhis.com.au

Cheers

Peter

Emailed you my email address and mobile number

Phone if you want using new Orange credit😬

David Hislop
M: 00 33 6 04 18 74 42

Private email addresses and private phone numbers on an open forum…hummmmm…

Personally, I agree with you Simon. Best for folk to share such private info via a Private Message.

2 Likes

yeah id never display mine, wait mines all over my website…

Hee hee; Peter I believe Stella was offering said services for epitaph crafting, to Simon. :sunny: But Simon, I did wonder also if you think PAYG mobile might be the best option for at least the first year or so, in France, perhaps? As opposed to my getting … well, anyway. I still live in the dark ages with my lovely unbreakable Kyocera flip-phone so was thinking of maybe getting rid of it after I move… I could just use a PAYG in France, for txt and calling? No data, I suppose. Anyway, just wondered what you thought.

Mary, why get rid of it… if it suits you…

Finally got my own phone… Doro 6050 which suits me fine for calls and texts… and I can read the screen… yippee. I have to be contactable , but I actually make few calls out… mostly texts anyway, so have a cheap annual contract… There are lots of deals available…

1 Like