How to renew a French Driving License

Hi could someone please give me some assistance on how to renew my french liciense thank you in advance

I know this has been thrashed about a bitā€¦

have a look at this site, it might helpā€¦

Thank you Stella for your help

Virus-free. www.avast.com

do not know if you can help but Prefecture no longer process driving liciences so where do I send the form to thanks in advance

Apparently Nantes prefecture has issues a notice today to say they are not going g to process any more UK D/L exchanges until after Brexit. This is a translation from another rite.

DRIVING LICENCE APPLICATIONS UPDATE - NANTES

All applications are to be put on hold, unless your licence is running out or a renewal is required until the terms of Brexit have been decided. This is the translated text and I will put the link to the page at the bottom.

UK license exchange in French license? Patience pending the decision on the exact terms of Brexit
Updated on 28/02/2019

British license exchange in French license
Do you have a British driverā€™s license that you wish to exchange for a French license? It will take a little patience and wait for the decision on the precise terms of Brexit to request your license exchange. Only applications that are subject to license renewal due to loss or theft, or mandatory exchange clauses are currently being processed. If you are not affected by any of the following situations, requests will not be processed; you do not need to send your file.
You have applied for your license exchange in a non-mandatory framework or do you wish to apply in a non-mandatory framework?

You are not affected by any of the following situations:

• loss or theft of the permit

• expiry of the permit or end of validity of one or more categories,

• request for new category (s),

• exchange following an offense committed in France resulting in a loss of points, a restriction or suspension or cancellation of your license

Until the date of withdrawal from the United Kingdom of the European Union, your rights remain unchanged and you can continue to circulate in France with a British driverā€™s license.

Your request will not be processed and if you have transmitted your file, a mail will be sent to you in this way.

You have requested your permit exchange in a mandatory framework or do you wish to apply in a mandatory framework?

In the case of requests for license renewals following a loss, a theft or under the mandatory exchange clauses (expiry of the permit or end of validity of one or more categories, request for new category (s) ( s), exchange following an offense committed in France resulting in a loss of points, a restriction or suspension or cancellation of your license), your request will be processed.

To be kept informed of regulatory developments concerning UK driving licenses, find more information on

• the official Brexit website
  • the website of the Ministry of the Interior

http://www.loire-atlantique.gouv.fr/Actualites/Echange-de-permis-britanniques-en-permis-francais?fbclid=IwAR1r0lldX0gcMzpfQokEYJ6dtiDWQEw-30Xar5xyu18xmfxEkEKNGezTL0E#

1 Like

Cheers Sueā€¦ I was in the throes of saying ā€œNantesā€ when your post came upā€¦

Hold fireā€¦ @shihtzu ā€¦:roll_eyes:

I feel sorry for those who have received an attestation and sent their licence in already. Will they finish processing them? My card runs out in May, my husbandā€™s not till next year.

If they have an Attestationā€¦ they should be OKā€¦ at least they know their dossier has been received ā€¦

But lots have attestations that have run out and still not received new French licence.

Keep the faithā€¦ keep the Attestationā€¦ donā€™t bin it until the new licence arrivesā€¦no matter how long it takesā€¦

Hi Sue I already have a French licience exchanged in 2012 but it has to be renewed after 5 years I cannot find out how or where to do it as prefecture no longer deals with it

You do it online David - link below, but looks like youā€™re 2 years late!! :wink: By the way - what type of licence is renewed every 5 years?

https://permisdeconduire.ants.gouv.fr/Vos-demarches/Effectuer-une-demande-de-permis-de-conduire-en-ligne

Now drumming fingers waiting for the return of my file :wink::thinking::relaxed:

Mine was renewable after 5 years. I believe it was because I wanted to keep all the categories which requires a medical on a regular basis.

Doesnā€™t matter now, of course, as Iā€™m back in the UK but I would have had to endure the renewal nightmare in August.

1 Like

When you first change your English licience to a French one it is only valid for five years

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Nope not mine - my pink paper one had no expiry date and neither does my euro card one! There is a ā€˜validityā€™ date on the front of my card licence (4b) but thatā€™s just the date to change the card itself (new photo etc) after 15 years.

02%20-%20Edited

You boysā€¦ got me checking my own paperwork. :thinking::thinking::grin::grin:

Iā€™ve only got the pink paper oneā€¦ andā€¦ phewā€¦ no renewal date, so goes on forever.

@anon87147852 why does yours need to be redone at 70? Is that an age-related thing or is it simply when the photocard renewal happens to fall ??

Stella apologies - the euro card one doesnā€™t need to be renewed at 70 - no expiry (as shown above) Iā€™ve amended my post. (I was looking at my old UK one - must be an age thing :-:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

1 Like

Yes paper ones have no expiry but the plastic one that I have (got 2014) has an expiry date in 2019 because when you exchanged a British licence then it was only for 5 years max

Youā€™ll be following the ANTS route then Davidā€¦ ???