I couldn't resist buying one of these

A Lego phone box :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Does it include a sachet of phone box fragrance?

4 Likes

And the cards offering personal services :wink:

ÂŁ100 direct from Lego, ÂŁ160 from amazon :astonished:

3 Likes

yes but you do get a free lamppost and railings, and some pretty flars… :smiley:

I believe that’s a ‘do it yourself’ extra…

2 Likes

Beat me to it.

1 Like

Hope it dosn’t take as long to build as it took our french friend , to build the Millenium Falcon for his collection. Cost him an absolute arm and leg too!

My son bought the ÂŁ700+/ million bit lego MF a couple of years back

1 Like

I couldn’t resist after having a nice bonus

I thought we were all being encouraged to use less plastic.

Yeah but be fair Jane , it is real plastic and not that cheapo imitation stuff !

1 Like

I have to admit, that was my first thought :thinking:

Spoilsport :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I wonder how many Evian bottles it takes to make a phone box? I’m sure since we changed to a Brita years ago I’ve accumulated enough plastic-credits™ since then to indulge in a spot of Lego.

I might even set up a plastic-credits™ offset exchange for Lego enthusiasts to assuage their consciences.

3 Likes

I presume the handset has been vandalised and that the bare cable is left dangling.

2 Likes

No, but you do have the option of an old “press button B” or the newer style.

1 Like

I wonder how many other SF teenage criminals blocked the button B coin return chute of their village phone box?

Illegal yes, but much better than stabbing one another…

1 Like

Phone ‘tapping’ the old fashioned way.
After dialing each number if you then tapped/pressed button A, or was it B? The same number of times the call would connect free of charge. Phone boxes were a great source of entertainment unless you were stood waiting outside waiting for the caller to finish and then make another call!

2 Likes

I once discovered a phone box in Germany where the coin box had been removed (stolen). When you put in the coin it fell out through the hole, so it was effectively free. I rang my parents in England and my brother. They were all impressed, but we couldn’t think of much to say to use up the free time!

1 Like

I think it was slightly different - didn’t one tap out the number on the handset cradle, making use (I presume) of the pulse-dialling system?

Not that I ever did it, of course.