I lean towards the lab leak theory, what do others think?

I think you are confused, there are four different genetic locii from SARS. This is no big deal in the evolution period of a virus. You have to remember SARS

Blockquote

is continually evolving since early 2000. It evolved into MERS and now into COVID-19. It does not have to evolve in one step and the in between steps could have been benign. Virus’s as I am sure you appreciate have no intelligence to evolve a better way forwards, it is simply chance variants and the law of odds makes a change of 4 different locii quite possible, especially if three of them resulted in no outstanding symptoms. As for conspiracy, it is quite possible that political will is to ‘deny’ it happened say in Europe because the world media is obsessed with it originating in China and therefore takes the heat away from its actual source.

More than likely! I rather dismembered the article than remembered it.
I have been looking for it as it made some sense at the time. Another point they raised was sars covid’s ability to work through human adipose tissue but it left other animals like apes and monkeys alone whereas a flu virus could easily kill these species.

Apologies again David I am really not reporting this well just snippets that I can recall from around 12-18 months ago.

SARS targets epithelial cells predominantly, the most vulnerable to exposure are in the lungs. Viruses can circulate throughout the body once they gain access to a transport mechanism i.e. blood stream or lymphatic system. As for specificity virus gain access to cells through the cell membranes and to do this they target specific proteins on the cell surface which crudely is a lock and key mechanism. So species specificity is essential the key may fit the lock but unable to turn it. Also all cells have Human Lymphocyte Antigens (Tissue types) there are numerous types and far more complex than blood groups. So one person with a specific tissue type e.g. HLA-B*46:01 is more susceptible to severe infection of Covid-19. I suggest you read Association between HLA genotypes and COVID-19 susceptibility, severity and progression: a comprehensive review of the literature | European Journal of Medical Research | Full Text as this is actually a very good scientific paper that explains in simpler terms a lot of the aspects of Covid-19.

5 Likes

Very interesting. We need more “stuff” like that and less tabloid headlines.

2 Likes

Yes a very enjoyable and informative read.
Dont buy tabloids or any other rag come to think of it.

I have never gone for the conspiracy theory. I just think there was an accidental leak in Wuhan at the lab.

That’s a batty idea!

Get me coat😣

1 Like

I believe a lab leak. This was not the first from China, and it will not be the last- sadly. At the height of its power, the USSR was employing some 60,000 scientists in the area of bio-weapons research at Biopreparat. At this institution, they researched weaponizing everything from small pox to anthrax and even AIDs/HIV. Extremely scary stuff. When the USSR collapsed, most were out of work. Some were recruited and went to work for high bidders.

China needs to be held accountable on the world stage.

ANY country that makes a catastrophic mistake during handling of virulent pathogens such that “something gets out” I think, should be held accountable and with unlimited liability.

I fear something much worse to come in the future and this was a wake up call that will not go heeded.

1 Like

I don’t know if it was a lab leak or an intentional release but it seems obvious to me that Fauchi via the NIH was funding gain of function research when it had been forbidden….

He has a history that is maybe not well known but is coming to the forefront via various channels….

I have heard that Italy was giving a “hot” flu vaccine….(I am aware of “hot” vaccine years through vaccines such as Lepto in dogs)

I don’t discount any evidence from any country or any event reporting system and I am not swayed by politics….

I am only interested in the truth

I would be interested to know what you mean by a hot vaccine, Helen (I could google, but it might not give the same meaning you have)?

If they have the ability to identify those most susceptible, they could isolte them, also identify and eliminate the majority whom will not suffer and allow normal life. If C19 is a bio weapon, it’s pretty lousy, as it’s toll is minimal on a global scale if it was released deliberately?. If it were a properly engineered bio weapon, and had a real killing potential, it would be an obvious act of aggression? But,… it has instilled untold panic and fear into every population globally, The measures to counter the effects are the same… lockdown, withold, delay and stop diagnosis of existing illnesses, stop treatments, More worrying is this mentality to push a vaccine on the world population without knowing it’s long term effects?..
Also, every illness known to man has research to treat it…Why is there a global blackout on any good news of any meds that can treat it, even the mention of the horse dewormer is banned, and other products forbidden to mention… Just a headlong rush to inject the globe… The virus didn’t work as a killer, but it’s effect globally has casued, and will cause untold deaths for years to come from stalled diagnosis and treatments, the psychological damage is even worse, Look at the division it is causing between oppositng views on the shots… The jabs are now more powerful than all religions combined. All for an infection that has a minimal effect on the majority if they contract it.
C19 has stirred the whole planet into a frenzy to go headlong over the cliff of the shots.
just a conspiracy theory.

Precisely what they should have done!

Thats not true.

i have only seen negativity on all MSM
DR shillary, The 2 quacktors on BBC breakfast on saturdays, Singh, the pin u dr… all chant the same
vaccinnnnate… like demented Daleks chant Killll
may i ask where you have seen a normal, healthy discussion or information about a treatment?
When reading anything about true treatments, the names have to be changed to prevent the bots hanging a denial or anti vax tag or other control to what’s posted?
India seem to know something the west doesn’t
https://www.weeklyblitz.net/health/covid-cases-in-indian-uttar-pradesh-drops-by-97-1-percent-because-of-ivermectin-use/

can we trust this source?

1 Like

I wouldn’t believe anything tv doctors say either as their out of date hypothesis of many other ailments doesnt fit with modern data. There is a young Asian doctor who appears occasionally, he is much more up to date in his approach but they all have to follow the rules as laid down by the GMC and who knows where the funding comes from?

I follow Ivor Cummins and Dr John Cambell on youtube for more sensible interpe9of data from around the world.

There is a genuine antiviral treatment available now that does help: First oral antiviral for COVID-19, Lagevrio (molnupiravir), approved by MHRA - GOV.UK There will be more real treatments along in due course.

Ivermectin never worked, and the study claiming it did was faked: Huge study supporting ivermectin as Covid treatment withdrawn over ethical concerns | Medical research | The Guardian
Ivermectin has no useful effect on Covid: Effect of Ivermectin on Time to Resolution of Symptoms Among Adults With Mild COVID-19

Chloroquine and its analogues has no useful effect on Covid: Effect of Hydroxychloroquine on Clinical Status at 14 Days in Hospitalized Patients With COVID-19 either used alone or in conjunction with other repurposed antiviral drugs: Effect of Hydroxychloroquine or Lopinavir-Ritonavir on Hospitalization for COVID-19

I was sent a video by a friend in India, produced by the director of an ayurvedic hospital, instructing the watcher to treat themselves by inhaling steam. They claimed a 95% recovery rate. :roll_eyes:

At preset the most effect way to reduce incidence of and harm from SARS Cov2 is through vaccination. The RNA technology used for the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines is not new, although the vaccines they produced were: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02483-w and The Long History of mRNA Vaccines | Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health

The reason these vaccines could be delivered so quickly was that the usual considerations of cost and administration were simply swept aside. Governments were throwing billions of £/$ at anyone who had a viable vaccine strategy in the hope they would get at least a few effective treatments from the large number of candidates. Regulatory bodies like the FDA and MHRA worked with the companies as they generated data instead of waiting until extensive trials had been completed and then gradually grinding through the dossier. There has never been a time like this in biotech - not even with HIV in the 80’s (the dissertation I wrote then for my degree was on the immunology of HIV infection).

People who refuse the vaccine don’t simply endanger themselves, but they also enable the virus to continue to circulate in the population at higher levels than it could if everyone able to receive the vaccine had done so. In turn that increases the likelihood of generating variants (the more active infections, the greater chance of generating variants) that may dodge the vaccine, be more infectious or cause more harm in an active infection.

4 Likes

Here is the link which is topically on point for your question.

2 Likes

This could be a genuine ‘cure for the common cold’ (at least some varieties). If it could be in the cents per dose pricing (unlikely with Pfizer, but not impossible) then it would indeed be excellent.

He’s a little hesitant about Molnupiravir, but as a group, nucleosides have been in use for a long time too - my brother worked in the lab where Acyclovir was developed as the first herpes treatment.

Stop it, what will people use as an excuse to take a sicky😂

1 Like

Migraine (now that’s something it WOULD be good to have a cure for - sumatriptans help though).

:wink: