I lean towards the lab leak theory, what do others think?

I think I would prefer to look at the gut microbiome and vagus nerve for that. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Well for now, just saying you have a slight cough will probably do it if you need a sickie :slight_smile:

1 Like

Morning Bob,
A good Dr John Campbell video this morning explaining. In detail.

1 Like

Update from Kyle:

I saw a report that the moderna vaccine is causing twice as many issues as the Pfizer in the younger men.
It was put forward that this is because the moderna contains more mrna. The number is still small though.
It would be good for aspiration to be carried out as John Campbell says so it could be ruled in or out.
Glad to say the nurse aspirated my booster shot after I asked.

Some people believe in God and some donā€™t. I believe in facts not heresay.

1 Like

For more details on Molnupiravir, see

Seems that even the best interpretation of itā€™s efficacy is 30%. In the second trial, it performed worse than the placebo. Thereā€™s also a theoretical risk of dna mutation in humans, especially with pregnant women, which is very scary in a thalidomide sort of way.

1 Like

Most of the really nasty diseases that have emerged in recent decades (and possibly before) from AIDs to SARs originated from people in Central Africa fondness for the ā€˜bushmeatā€™ that their ancestorā€™s ate - nowadays itā€™s more likely to be prestigious or magically empowering rather than essential .

For this reason, although Iā€™m usually credulous about any Chinese government statement about anything, I donā€™t find their explanation of species jumping implausible, not least in light of that societyā€™s history of gastronomic adventurousness and their present governmentā€™s usual response being to deny, cover-up, or block external investigation s of transgression (particularly from the West) even when it may not be necessary.

Didnā€™t Ebola originate with people not burying their dead in a timely and hygienic manner?

As far as I understand, thatā€™s the explanation for its human to human transmission, not its origin.

See:-

https://tinyurl.com/fvjwf23f

2 Likes

I thought it came from bushmeat.

oops typo should be hearsay.

A Clinical trial of such a small number of individuals is not consistent with normal FDA Class III rules and I can only assume Merck have PMA (Pre-market approval). In the good old days it used to require at least 10,000 in a trial. The technology behind it is however fascinating and the theory that it will mutate a virus to destruction is very clever. But as mentioned everywhere, what happens if it effects DNA. DNA is after all just a Double strand of RNA and for DNA to replicate it has to uncoil and momentarily become RNA. We have DNA containing cells in our body that are replicating at a rapid rate e.g. Bone Marrow based cells. I think the jury should still be out on this technology and it shouldnā€™t be swayed by a rush for a ā€˜miracle cureā€™ for Covid-19.

1 Like

As a lapsed Catholic for nearly six decades, I believe in heresyā€¦

2 Likes