If I was thirty years younger

https://wildonemax.com/

What a hoot :face_with_hand_over_mouth: and street legal.

If I could be thirty years younger, I’d consider selling my soul, but I’d read the t’s and c’s very carefully, first… and think about it…

But down here on earth, I’d probably be looking at something like this for the foreseeable future – an electric shopping trolley, to and from SuperU.

2 Likes

I want to buy one of those and put a Suzuki Hyabusa engine in it.

1 Like

Noddy car :joy:

As a former owner of a Toyota Avensis, I cannot see the attraction.

Are you sure about that?

1 Like

Or…

If I was thirty years younger, I would be a lot poorer when I retired. Unfortunately, that is what is on the horizon for the vast majority of people retiring in 35 to 40 years time. Or even longer if a Tory government decides to work all old people to death.

1 Like

Noddy car + splodge.

Never thought I’d meet the real thing, up close, locally, and going at max speed. Someone loves their noddy car, the Citroen Ami.

2 Likes

Chap round the corner has a Noddy car, just like that… we gave it the once over and I thought it was great fun… interesting to see just how it comes apart for easy changing of any damaged parts etc etc

However, the Owner and a pal were on a trip… the car turned over on a bend… no-one else involved… and I wondered if it was top-heavy, with 2 large adults inside … but the Owner reckoned it was just one of those things.

Damage was shattered side window, door panels bent/scraped… and it’s been like that ever since. It is safe to drive but if it were mine, I would prefer to fit some perspex/whatever as a replacement window, until things get sorted…
He reckons there’s a problem with Insurance (?) (or something like that) so he simply parks it outside his house, with the gaping/empty window frame facing away from the prevailing wind/rain…
Been like that for a year now, through all weathers and I reckon he’s had to sit on a soggy seat more than once… :wink: :wink:

2 Likes

I was stuck behind one of those a couple of months ago. Think a great idea for mobility in a town or city, but the one I was behind was on a country road and thought a bit dodgy if someone coming around a corner from behind at a ‘normal’ speed :scream:

I find it bad enough living in the countryside with a modern… let alone one of these tiddlers…
like you I reckon their place is in-town.

2 Likes

That’s what you drive once the judge takes your license away for your being caught driving under influence for the second or third time.

They’re called Sans Permis cars for this reason. Insurance is expensive as anyone driving one is clearly a high risk. If you think the electric ones are bad, imagine driving one of the old 600cc diesel powered ones…

Not quite so… but they are (as they say) ideal for those who have not (for whatever reason) got a Dlicense… my neighbour has never taken a DTest but he knows the Rules of the Road… he used to cycle everywhere, but finds the car more suitable now he is getting on a bit (40 ish :wink: )

Or what you drive when you’re elderly, never got around to getting a licence, your husband dies unexpectedly and you live in the sticks and don’t want to move.

6 Likes

For the more adventurous…

Amusing appraisal of the Noddy car…

It is an electric supermarket shopping trolley!

1 Like

The 2CV was an amazing vehicle and the only car I ever actually enjoyed owning and driving, but sadly not only have I lost any enthusiasm for removing the engine and replacing a clutch in the house -did I really do that ??,
… I might also have struggled to tow a 15 foot wooden sailing dinghy which is one of my pencilled-in plans for if I actually manage to move to France - but I could certainly have carried pretty well everything else I needed …

I will absolutely be in the market for the vehicle that replaces this several generations down the line ,

These guys living near Nice have a rather niche lifestyle, but it works very well for them.

https://www.youtube.com/@MeandMonAmi

2 Likes

we were visiting St Jean de Luz some years back… and found our club was staying at the same complex as a 2CV club… never before seen so many of those lovely cars in the one place… and the drivers were as daft as we were… marvellous weekend :+1: :rofl:

1 Like

Tin snails with roller blinds for a roof :face_with_hand_over_mouth: