If we Had None?

you sound well prepared… :thinking::wink::relaxed::relaxed:

Your solar power, available on a wee boat, won’t shift you far Dave, nor 8ltrs of ‘juice’ but if you’ve no ambitions of moving, ok, Bon Voyage :+1: :wink:

You are still missing the point Bill, I sail, those 8 litres sit there for a long way. Why so negative? Of all the people on here I thought that you would understand. Surely your boats weren’t motorboats, were they? Read my original reply and just perhaps you will see where you have gone wrong.

Sorry :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Seriously, my thought was, if we suddenly, had, no 'leccy, I think, for a huge number of reasons, society, as we know it would very, very rapidly collapse :roll_eyes:

1 Like

@Bill it’s an interesting thought, the collapse of society “as we know it”… and I tend to think that it could be just the opportunity that could be the remaking of humankind. We are worldwide a resourceful and - in many respects - a wise and reflective people, and perhaps a new beginning might make all things new…and more worthy of our human potential.

In my quiet moments, I marvel at the philosophical breadth of this small community… and the many insights that are shared, and the goodwill that pervades it. Maybe I’m a sentimental old dotard, and don’t anybody be too quick to agree… :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Sorry Peter, but your “quiet moments” amused me, mine are on the loo, doing the crossword in the morning :slightly_smiling_face:
I think you are a lot more optomistic than me about “humankind”, sadly, for me perhaps :thinking:

1 Like

No need to apologise, Bill. We all have our loo meditations. We are perhaps at our most vulnerable and yet most exalted when straining at stool. On your boat, I expect you usually consigned your effluents to the deep in time-honoured and ecologically perfect style. :flushed:

Jeepers, now I wish I was a true Philosopher too Peter, so poetic :rofl:

1 Like

soooooo judgemental!!!

2 Likes

You are, Bill, you are! Your goose, your boat, and your own poetry testify to that. We don’t have to agree to recognise a vital spark in each other’s human gesture. I see it in you and rejoice in it, let’s leave it there…

2 Likes

Pot? Kettle?

Long as you’re “rejoicing”, an’ 'appy Peter, I’m 'appy Matey :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

:+1: Matey!

2 Likes

:tired_face: :tired_face: :tired_face: :tired_face: :tired_face: :question: :question: :question:

What’s your concern, Simon? Spit it out.

2 Likes

Our gas hob (Bosch, with leccy igniters), works fine without leccy once lit, I think the shut off is heat activated Paul :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

:grin::grin::grin: When the storm hit our village, and the electric was off for some days… first morning, I had to take a large flask of hot water to the School, as their gas hob would not work… poor things. could not even boil a kettle and the staff were dying for a coffee/tisane…

However, in the Salle des Fetes… the gas hob does work (with or without electricity…) :grinning::grinning::grinning:

I can use my gas hob when there is no electricity, that is precisely why I have it. Obviously the electric ignition won’t work without electricity so I use a lighter :wink:

1 Like

Many gas cookers have a thermal valve that cuts off the supply if the gas isn’t ignited. A cooker which has a mains electric ignition may need to be lit with a spark or naked flame but once burning should continue to do so.