IKEA Solar Panels / Panneaux Solaires

Super thanks. I found Ikea and their still going. So I booked a call with someone next week. 800€! I pay more than 350€ a month (for 10 months I think). Perhaps decommissioning the Aga is the first step

800€??? for what exactly???

1 Like

Their simulator said it wasn’t economic for here. Plus they seem to have relatively inflexible packages such as must be on a roof.

Does anyone know is that 700-odd fixed to the same quote if you get it approved or can you provide another quote under the same approval if you find the work and way of doing it needs to change slightly

I think that was 800€ electric bill versus my 4000€. Perhaps my meter is hacked!

Strangely enough water board sent a big bill too. Apparently x times normal consumption. So looked for leaks but where do 100m cubed water go if everything looks dry? My piscine is not so big to fill 5 times in one year…

13 years is a bit long. Probably I won’t last that long in this property.

1 Like

“I think you’re going to a much bigger set of panels”
In the style of Jaws the movie

TV, washing machine, tumble dryer, fridge/freezer, lights, cooking, computers - the usual stuff. The only reason it really went up this last year (from about 660€/yr) was because of Covid19 confinement / working from home restrictions, and an inflatable spa that we had running over the summer.

Actually 325 watts per mono-crystalline panel, for 8200 € TTC with micro-inverters included and part-grid resale / part self-use.

1 Like

My panels were £100 and £210 for the micro inverter not grid tied. So thats £810. Ok I will be fixing it myself and probably £ 200 in cabling and sundries.

1 Like

Same for us - no guarantee we’ll still be in the property by then.

Help with resale maybe?

That sounds very expensive!

I got a quote for the materials only, based on a 3200W system (8x400W panels), including everything required to have a fully functioning system for 2100€

And for the same size system, based on using 2 x 2.4Kwh lithium batteries the total quote was 5000€

Above costs are materials only, s would need to install myself or get someone to install at additional cost

1 Like

We are keen to have a go and install some solar panels ourselves. We looked at Allô Solar , they do a kit of 3000W (8 panels of 375kw) with regulator and all cables for €3155. Plus you can add or change parts to suit.
Our main question is that enough Watts to run and maintain the house over a longer period!!

In fact it was allosolar who quoted me as well.

In order to size your system, you need to calculate based on your usage. Everyone’s usage is different, so you need to specify what you require. There are plenty of instructional youtube videos that step you through the process. This is very important, otherwise you could end up with a system that is underpowered, or conversely pay for an excess of power you don’t need. As well as the amount of power you require, you also need to factor in the number of sun hours for your location - allosolar would help with that.

There is a user-provided database of solar panel power generation data for all of France and elsewhere so you can get some idea of production and variation in output data for your area using this map Map of systems - BDPV

I have a Linky and sell my output to EDF. The BDPV site collects my daily output record automatically. Pre-Linky I supplied just a monthly figure. In addition I run my own database from my data exported automatically from my Sunny Explorer Inverter using the jSunnyreports program (it supports a wide range of inverters)

On the map, click on a site near you (preferably a symbol of a green house with a sun - they are currently updated), then select Accéder à la fiche utilisateur then select Production tab. Change the dates so it just covers a year and you can see the production by month or a month to see the variation in daily production. There are a lot of other parameters you can play with.

To be able to sell back to EDF, I assume you had the system installed by EDF or another professional??? And did they also do all the necessary paperwork etc for you to be able to sell back??? Very interested, as I’ve been considering different options over the last months.

Just did a simulation with BDPV and it recommends to think very carefully about signing up to any installation, and if I already have, to pull out if I can :smiling_face_with_tear:

It was installed by a local firm in 2013. They did most of the necessary paperwork including planning permission, 20-year EDF contract to sell all my output, tax rebate documentation, etc. The EDF purchase price subsidy was still quite large then (but so were system costs). I’m getting over 0.35€/kWh which gave a payback in about eight years. As I have more than 3kW of panels, I have to declare the income using the régime Micro-BIC. I also have to pay about 40€ (?) for the annual rental for the separate solar panel Linky.

Thanks alot for the info - much appreciated :+1:

Hi. In winter you won’t get enough sun to provide enough power. Even on a sunny day the peaks will still be more than what your panels generate so you will still import. I have self installed a 2.7kW PV array (8 panels) on a ground rack for a total of about 2800 euros, including the wooden frame. If you install the panels higher than 1.8m eg on a roof you need to apply for planning permission. I have installed a “tignous router” which diverts all electricity I don’t use to my hot water tank, and I do not get paid for any electricity I send back to the grid. If you install an array greater than 3kW, or wish to sell your excess to EDF the bureaucracy increases, as do the costs of compliance so it isn’t worthwhile from a financial point of view. Generally my savings are 2 euro a day since I still import about 1.5 euros worth of electricity on average every day. So the investment should pay for itself in 4-5 years. Here is a plot for a sunny day last week.

Today looks more like

At this time of the year we export very little, since we oly export once the hot water tanks are full.
I bought my panels and inverters from https://www.monkitsolaire.fr