I'm Not Being Racist..... but

I was counting up and I have moved at least 20 times as well. Like you I’ve never found it a problem and certainly not cruel but I am enjoying living in my ‘forever’ home here in France.

Stella, you would make a brilliant politician :slightly_smiling_face:

I pity them David. I pity their insularity, ignorance and the fact they have lead very small lives. That said I frequently challenge their blinkered perception of the World which, almost always, turns out to be incredibly fragile.

1 Like

We have moved house 10 times in our 44 years of marriage been in France for 13 years and the farm house that we live in now is the longest period that we have stayed in the same place a record at 8 years, so thinking about it 20 times does not seem to bad.

1 Like

I must admit I saw my current house in a small village in the Monts d’Aree about half an hour from the coast as my last move. I bought a small house in the village about 47 years ago and have kept that for guests, but live in a slightly larger house right in the village. 50 metres from a restaurant, a ba, an epicerie, a post office, a hair dresser, a chuch. It’s archetypal France. Brexit and the fact that my wife is non EU was putting a cloud on our horizon but we had the most superb news about six weeks ago that my wife has been granted French nationality. That puts a completely different perspective on it for us. Personally I consider myself so fortunate to be living where we do.

5 Likes

Always cracks me up when expats say they moved over to France because there are too many immigrants in Britain and genuinely can’t see the irony!

6 Likes

The irony also is that expats tend to move to rural areas of France which is the breading ground of the FN.

40% of the small French population left in Eymet voted MLP. If you don’t believe me, look it up.

Yep agree Valerie. The other thing is that they refer to themselves as expats - so much more palatable than immigrant.

3 Likes

Yes heard this a lot but funny, I’ve never heard “I’m not a critical thinking, open minded rationalist but…” for a while (never)

1 Like

Hi David,
You are not getting us going back either!
Hope all is well with you.

We are British European

2 Likes

I’ve nothing against peope who play golf but…

I don’t, but most of my close friends play golf, some have been club capitains, but the ones I get one with the best are those that play badly. It’s a funny game. I’ve very successful pals who would give a fortune to be good at golf.

1 Like

I feel Europen first and region next Jane.

I am not being racist, but I think british wine sucks…

“running fast”…

Then you’ve not tasted the right ones…some are great. And that’s according to french judges

Thanks for the link

cheers !

Now that photo makes me run ver, very fast as far away as I can get! Could even put me off wine!

Well not going back to the wood shed!
Great time in London in the 60s and the 70s but oh dear what happened?
Those were the Days David.

I didn’t think you were past your seventies. I thought the upcoming special birthday was to be your seventieth! You are really spritely.Go you!

Very photogenic (that’s the boisson) Maxime, and you also look as if you’ve also aged well, complex and robust, well-balanced, earthy tones and markedly fruity. :ok_hand::joy:

To be honest, the way you write, I thought you were much, much younger man. BRAVO! Respect, man ! :fist_right::fist_left::facepunch::wink:

PS I love your seersucker jacket!

2 Likes