I'm sorry he's resigned because---

Only so he can shred anymore evidence.

Apparently it’s so he have his postponed wedding bash at Chequers.

Which is bad enough on its own.

But the whole thing is like saying to an habitual criminal “you’re nicked, but we’ll give you three months to get rid of the evidence” :rage:

3 Likes

Is that true? If so, Lions led by Donkeys should change their name to serfs getting what they deserve.

that’s precisely what they did for the Russian oligarchs when announcing they were seizing their assets :roll_eyes:

Pippa Crerar is reporting it in the Daily Mirror. She’s the journalist who broke the partygate story, amongst others, so I’d be inclined to believe her.

1 Like

Haha! Suella Braverman PM!!What better guarantee for the Tories to get smashed at the next GE with her in charge.

1 Like
1 Like

For those who didn’t know like myself Fegelein was a known playboy and had many extramarital affairs.

2 Likes

Surely the best music choice for this entire fiasco, coutesy of the Clash.

Should I stay or should I go now,
Should I stay or should I go now.
If I go there will be trouble,
If I stay it will be double
So come on and let me know.
Should I stay or should I go.

The obvious answer was ‘go’

P.s. didn’t look at Hugh Grants video above, so if that’s what he picked, then apologies. It just seemed obvious to me.

… Followed by ‘going underground’ perhaps :grin:

I especially enjoyed the reference to Dacre

Illustration from this morning’s NY Times’ article on Johnson’s legacy…

6 Likes

Probably like his resignation speech - tell us what a great job he’s done and blame everyone else for joining ‘the herd’! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I did notice he never actually used the word “resign” in his self serving diatribe.

True, but as Full Fact pointed out, he’s not the only one to do that - Cameron did the same.

Neither Mr Cameron nor Mr Johnson explicitly said the word “resign” in their initial announcements, though Ms May did

neither Cameron nor May were my favourites but someone who sticks his penis in the head of a dead pig’s head cannot be taken seriously :grin:

2 Likes

Pork is clearly an issue for those wanting to be PM, a bacon sandwich did for Ed Miliband.

2 Likes

@tim17 I’ll have some of what you’ve been taking Tim… that’s two posts of yours today that I’ve liked :grin:

I’m generally misunderstood by many here because I like to offer a different view at times, however my dislike of the current shower running the UK is just as strong as the majority.

1 Like

That didnt work.