Jc

Bruce - do you really know his so well? Upfront and personal or are you his proctologist?

Barbara, I am assuming this is aimed at me?

You really must learn to read a whole message in context, as this not at all what I was saying.

I am against the 'rule' that seems to be being successful attracts the jealous and the poison-minded. Look for something bad in any person's character and none of us would come out of it too well.

You nor I, nor anyone else on this site was present at the altercation, so we are all prognosticating on something we know absolutely nothing about. Unlike others I prefer to look at the alternative to 'he's famous, he's rich, ergo he's guilty' statements that are abounding here.

Quite what the 'queue-jumping bit has to do with anything escapes me - and anyway kids have legs as I have (still) and in days when Christ was a Carpenter , kids actually WALKED to school! Wow, shock? Horror?

One thing I do know something about is how *********** aggravating Directors and Producers can be even on the TV Commercial level, let alone programme level. Many a time I would cheerfully have throttled them on a set - and I wasn't even a star or on-screen personality! Plus in an ego-driven world of film and televison of which I do know a bit - particularly the latter, I can assure you that coming to blows is not that unusual.

So in answer 'do I know him?' No I don't, do you?

I suggest you stop reading the Sun or Daily Mail papers and form an opinion that is not predicated from the much reduced journalists that infest the press these days. I think they are far more despicable than any real or imagined activities of Clarkson.

I wonder why it is so easy to believe the worst of people before even thinking anything else. God help appearing before you in a Jury trial - why bother with the trial?

There is nothing wrong with being rich, successful or being attracted to yummy mummies

but there are rules related to how we behave to each other.

They are instigated by various command centres and the BBC is one....

They have...I imagine standards to set and boundaries.

Most schools are obliged to have a "green travel plan" these days which requires some liaison between parents sharing school runs, not double parking and not annoying local residents by "braying" for too long on the pavements before or after school. Personally I tried to avoid school runs back in the 80s, leaving them to my wife, the nanny or the chauffeur to deal with- I was far too busy. Going back some though. Now I'm on my third family I'm a home husband at the gates with all those yummy mummies at under half my age......

Is it that women have an understanding of the way spoilt kids behave?
And a second sense.

Just my 2 shillings!

we used to work for some rich people in oxford - one of my jobs was to drop off their various children to school - 2 boarded, 3 did not - and went to different schools. One of the kids went to the same school and was quite friendly with JC's child. As in the US and I think most posh private schools in the UK they had a 'kiss and drop' policy - you pulled up at the school gates, gave them a kiss/hug, and signed them in with the 'gate commander' (these are proper rich kids i'm talking about!) No matter how you timed it there was a queue. JC for reasons unknown often did this school run. He would either jump the queue by driving on the pavement - or drop his darling into someone else's car.

just my two pennies....

x t

Interesting association....Robert Louis Stephenson.

Who wrote about at least 2 aspects of a man s character.

Robert Louie Stephenson?

So you all know him?
Know his character and why he has been cautioned in the past.

He should be exempt from questions.

Allowed to do exactly what he wants to do because he is

pardoned for bad behaviour or misconduct?

In the name and salvation of a success story he should idolised?

Is he a man s idol?

I think he is.

Norman

I have nothing but contempt for the Murdoch empire. Phone hacking a murdered girls phone, Hillsborough disaster front page headline, the city of Liverpool hates the Sun and the Murdoch empire. As for Fox news, it bares no resemblance to any journalistic principles that I know of. Mr Clarkson will be well suited.

The good old BBC is not what it used to be but, it's still listened to and respected all over the world, I still think it has the most honest reporters who, on the whole, give the facts, not opinions, for you to decipher, unlike many others, bowing to their paymasters.

Don't get me started on the Daily Mail!!!!

I digress!! I better get off my soap box, ! Apologies, Its the age thing.

Mark,

I am with you all the way on this. Well stated.

I tend to think there is more than a little jealousy as opposed to PC with a lot of them though.

It is always interesting as to how one becomes 'a role model'. Is it a position one applies for,or is it just thrust upon one by others? - who probably couldn't be one anyway.

Denis,

a shame you spoiled a fair comment, with the last line which was not only unnecessary, but also illogical. I have noted too many people signing up with Murdoch 'ending up in the gutter' - certainly not financially. If you had added the word 'press' or 'media' your point would have been better made.

Having said that, the Beeb is not what it was, so who knows maybe it is time for it to be open about its role in the world, as it has certainly lost that of having the best news and even entertainment channels.

John,

I say you are quite correct in that, despite the fact that I am vehemently 'anti' these extreme Muslims, and wouldn't go very far out of my way to defend them at all. If you deliberately set out to provoke as Charlie Hebdo did, then certainly, within rational bounds retaliation was to be expected. Unfortunately these particular cretins had never heard of a punch other than that of a Kalashnikov - heroes of Islam as they saw themselves.

I'm afraid that trying to get people to assimilate in a country with a different mindset is sometimes close to impossible. Certainly in my time in Arab countries I saw masses of things I didn't like, but had the brains not to say so, as after all they were THEIR countries, and I surely would never have assimilated into theirs, and knew it. It gets more difficult when the same restriction applies in one's OWN country? The joys of PC.

Lets wait and see if you are correct Dennis.

He is what he is, you like him or hate him, he is what they call a "shock jock", you get very rich by being controversial.

However, he was warned three times then told that's the last warning, the BBC is not Skye, they are a public service, with values, he crossed the red line, so now ...... off!!! Murdock will buy him, Clarkson will then be in the gutter where he will be happier. God bless him!

Tall poppy syndrome, i can understand that point and all that goes with it.

Now Norman, "Lastly you patently went to a different 'old school' than mine where we learned 'if you don't defend yourself then you will only get more of the same".

Does that apply to Charlie Hebdo and IS? Some say don't go out of your way to offend and the battle wouldn't start. Some people don't appreciate satire or sarcasm, or wit or humour and can't separate jest from accusation.

Well Roderic,

if the comments made against him in this debate are anything to go by, then I think he would HAVE to be at least a Saint to put up with this on a day-by-day basis?

In Australia they called it 'the tall poppy syndrome' - particularly apposite in this case I feel. Quite literally it means 'the more successful you are, the more visible you are (especially if making money in the process) there is a whole mass of jealous people out there only too happy to believe the worst about you, and try to chop you down'. In case you haven't noticed the Yellow Press is full of such provocations.

Lastly you patently went to a different 'old school' than mine where we learned 'if you don't defend yourself then you will only get more of the same'.

I'm definitely old school, had that been me I'm afraid I would have most likely responded in the time honoured military way. What I will say is that you scoff Mark at the roll model bit, the gentleman who was struck has been attacked quite badly on twitter by "followers" is this the type of person who follows JC. I will also add that old school in my case meant, as I was told by parents and teachers alike Manners maketh the man, and as I mentioned earlier in another post, he was also already under a final warning there can;t be many businesses lout there that would let something like that go unpunished. Perhaps he began to believe his initials.

Apart from the usual and pathetic insults against a man you don't even know, and whose actions have been reported in the ever-so-reliable English press, I would just like to raise a point,

Are you seriously believing that Clarkson just walked up to a guy and punched him 'without any provocation'? In my limited experience something of this kind is usually done as a 'reaction' not just an 'action'.

Now the 'experts' here are suggesting the former was the case.

You lot really should get out more.

maybe thats a roll model and now he's more of a rolled model......!