King Charles III

1 Like

I didn’t mind the fact she called him King Charles III.

However, I noticed that Truss said, “Queen Elizabeth II was the rock on which modern Britain was built.” So much for Northern Ireland… She should really have said the UK not Britain.

1 Like

AFAIK the title of Charles III has been officially announced.

Yes, although Truss did it before Clarence House. To be honest, I’m not entirely sure what the protocol is.

I think the future Monarch can choose the name for him/ her self.
As the Queens father did.

2 Likes

However I think it has to be one of their given names - Charles Phillip Arthur or George.

There was speculation he would choose George VII but he could also have been Arthur I (which would have been … odd) or Phillip II

1 Like

I think it was always a given he would go with Charles

2 Likes

Ah, interesting stuff. Thanks!

Well, considering the eras of the old monarchs, there were Victorians, Georgians and Elizabethans…

Will the reign of Charles now make everyone Charlatans :thinking:

4 Likes

Carolingians, apparently.

5 Likes

Yes, I read up on that some time ago… but I rather think “Charlatans” slips off the tongue more easily :wink:

However, the era is actually called Carolean as this wikipedia post suggest based on Charles II reign.

2 Likes

What a week for the UK, & history.

Not one but two effectively unelected people gain the highest offices in the land within the space of 3 days.

P.S. I’m going with “Charlestons” - much more fun.

5 Likes

Go easy with that high kick :wink:

Go outside and give your head a wobble.

Today is not the day for cheap shots at the British monarchy.

6 Likes

Not a cheap shot, simply a statement of fact.

3 Likes

In decidedly poor taste.
Have you done as much for Britain as she did?

4 Likes

As we were during the reigns of Charles 1 and Charles 2.
He might well disappear from making his views on affairs in public, but don/t forget that he meets the PM in private every week and that stays private.
I for one am hopeful that he will impress on Liz Truss the importance of the UK being as self sufficient as possible in food. Someone needs to point out to her in no uncertain terms that no matter how many Trade Agreements she makes without strong logistics in place the UK will not benefit from them and even she must acknowledge that global logistics are in a total mess at the moment.

5 Likes

I assume that was aimed at me.

Even if I’d wanted to do what she did I couldn’t as I’m not part of the royal lineage, hence my point.

I don’t see why a factual comment is in poor taste.

2 Likes

Timing is everything

1 Like

Can we just stop this please. She was an amazing monarch no matter your feelings on a monarchy. It is a sad time

4 Likes