Lady Lucan

Or -

If you describe someone, especially a woman in a position of authority, as a tartar, you mean that they are fierce, bad-tempered, and strict.

As the husband of a teacher I’m too scared to say whether this is a good description or not.:anguished:

2 Likes

She could quell a class of rowdy schoolgirls with a single glance… but at least that meant we knuckled down and actually learnt something… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your description fits Miss Jackson… to a T :sunglasses:

2 Likes

my son was very happy with the fact i found his game on ebay for less money and has told me not to give him pocket money for a few weeks to pay for it. his sense of money is great, me as a kid i had no sense of money to the point if i had it i had to spend it. Think he gets it from his mum

i had a teacher like that. if you talked in his class without permission he used to throw chalk at you often over his shoulder his aim was awesome.

I think my teacher had been a Sergeant Major in a previous life… :fearful:

then mine was a marksman :stuck_out_tongue:

We had a teacher who used to throw things too - chisels, in woodwork.
He was also an ex all in wrestler.
Luckily his aim was good so no-one was injured, just scared.

1 Like

got me laughing

We had an interesting collection of teachers at Mackie -
a former Aberdeen FC player
an ex military PE teacher who spent several years trying to teach us the dangerous sport of cricket (in NE Scotland!)
the art teacher who drove an ex Dundee Constabulary police car
another art teacher who was one of the few Colditz escapees

1 Like

Some people say that an onion is the only vegetable that can make you cry, however they have never been smashed in the face with turnip :joy:

2 Likes

oh how interesting.

hahahaha just said that to my french wife, what vegetable can makes you cry she answers, any of them if your hit with it…

2 Likes

Or almost any of them if we have to live without eating them.

why not chatting to the vegetables it is so ordinary talking to your mobile. Excuse me barbara couldn’t miss that one

Most people do pass the time of day with their crops and add a few words of acknowledgement.
What could you not miss Carol…was that a joke?

up to you to decide if it is a joke or not we all have different opinions do we not.

i chat to my retreiver and OH talks to his veggies