Le Beaujolais Nouveau 2022

George Duboeuf is the largest negociant. He has a huge tourist attraction at Romaneche Thorins.
He is the easiest name to find, but definitely not the best or value for money.
There are so many good petit producteurs available near us.
Saint Amour is fine too, but have you tried Chenas? It is the smallest of the Beaujolais appelations.

1 Like

You can hardly ever find sherry in France, they drink Port.
All manzanilla has to come from Sanlucar to be given that name.
It has that distinctive tang, lovely.

In the 1980’s when I lived in central Newcastle, I had the good fortune to have Fenwicks department store as my corner shop. They stocked all the appelations of Beaujolais and I was able to learn the some of the differences beween the various villages. I think it’s one of the easiest regions to get to know, though not as easy as our local Marcillac (which you’re unlikely to find that outside the south-west). Down here one tends to see just the better known ones like Morgon and Julienas.

These days I love exploring SW grape varieties, there’s so many that I’d never heard of before moving to France.

1 Like

This year’s Christmas window is rubbish, according to my sources.

Thread driiiiifffffffttttttttt!

1 Like

The Maconnais is said to be the most improved region in France and I can vouch for that!

We were recently down in Cordoba for a few days and twice ate in a superb value resto (La Boca, 39 Calle San Fernando) that only served natural wines which were very interesting and very different, though I discovered it was impossible to follow them with a glass of anything with oak, like Rioja. Shop prices for those I brought back were c.€15 a bottle.

1 Like