Le Tour de France 2019 - Everything you need to know (Spoiler Alert)

We got very excited as the finishing line was directly outside Chalet du Thorens where we stay at when skiing at Val Thorens

Nibali did well and managed a stage victory after a disappointing tour for him. Good to see Ineos getting the top two places. You have to feel for Alaphilippe after two weeks in yellow, he looked absolutely shattered after todays climb.

I admit to harbouring suspicions about Alaphillipe and his newly impressive time trialling and solid climbing. So the fact that he did crack reassures me that he’s a clean rider, and somehow means I feel he’s done even better than if he had won! Bizarre or what…

Recent years have seen the French media and general public question Sir Bradley, Chris Froome and Geraint Thomas over their performances. All three, especially Froome have had drug use levelled at them and it’s strange that no French media pundit or the fans have questioned Alaphilippe’s performance !

1 Like

I can only hope next year is as much fun, huge Chapeau to all riders it’s been the best one for very, many years.

3 Likes

Definitely the best Tour for years

1 Like

This afternoon we went to the Criterium de Castillon at Castillon-la-Bataille - it was good fun a short circuit of just 3.5km and 40 laps (ish). This meant you got to see the riders often. Taking part were Romain Bardet and Warren Barguil.

During the race is was possible to have a lap on a large quad bike type car

- this was whilst the cyclists were going around! Good fun so I had to give it a go!

1 Like

Sounds like fun and better than on a bike ( I can’t ride a bike)

Cheers for the photos Matt.

I have read a bit about these local Criteria - looking forward to discovering more when we finally get to live in France!