Le Tour de France 2019 - Everything you need to know (Spoiler Alert)

Very true Jane, a very modest man

1 Like

I have always had a soft spot for Quintana

1 Like

Oh no! Looks like France is going to be very upset. I hope Pinot can make it but doesn’t look good does it?

Yup, he’s had to abandon. What a huge shame for him!

I really felt for Pinot

Alaphilippe - Saved by the Grele😡 Shame for Team Ineos at least young Bernal Gomez takes the lead and GThomas a victim of circumstances beyond his control again - gotta feel for him.

That’s why we love TdF - unscripted drama…chris froome running up a hill, armstrong somersaulting down one…

1 Like

Alaphilippe looses the yellow, utter chaos

Great days racing really, nothing ASO could do but protect all riders & they did! Tough for Loulou but perhaps a bit lucky as he would have most likely lost anytime he made up on the next climb & Egg would have picked up more time bonuses! Interesting day tomorrow as Loulou hasn’t had to leave it all on the last mountain today. Feel really sorry for Tibot, he has a lot of bad luck.

Terrible for Pinot to have to abandon like that and who knows what would have happened on the next climb, but luckily all the riders are safe, imagine if they had been passing through when that snow storm and landslide occurred

Tomorrow will be a fun day - the road to Val Thorens is a continual climb of about 40km from Moutiers.

The weather at Val Thorens may also not be great.

1 Like

The penultimate stage has been modified.

The stage will start in Albertville but, instead of taking the route over the cols, it is heading straight to Moutiers to begin the climb up to Val Thorens. A total stage length of 59km. Hell, at that distance I might join them!!!

It could be a sprint stage for climbers!!!

Threatened bad weather and landslides are given as the reason.

Shame but safety has to come first and maybe Alaphilippe will get the Yellow back

I don’t think he can. Any move he makes will (likely) be matched by Bernal who can then outclimb him.

1 Like

Bernal, IMO, merits the win. He was on course to opening an unassailable lead when the stage was called off, barring accident or injury, he will increase his lead today.

It will be interesting to see how GT performs today - he looked set to attack JAs lead yesterday - Is there enough time today, perhaps not😊

As the stage is now a lot shorter, it’s going to be manic, don’t think any breakaway will be allowed

1 Like

It’ll be a fun stage, to say the least! Don’t think G will do anything other than sit on LouLou’s wheel & follow any move he makes, whilst Egg will have to blast up the HC climb to keep yellow. I do think there may be a small breakaway Ann as for the main players this isn’t about the stage win but GC. Whatever happens France will be ecstatic as finally they can see a Frenchman winning the yellow, maybe next year!

Alaphilippe cracks and is looking like losing his second place - Love to see Gallopin take this stage. Egan Bernal looks poised to take the yellow vest into Paris tomorrow - Unless a new drama unfolds​:grinning::grinning::grinning:

Bravo Nibali - Fabulous open Tour this year great excitement and worthy winners in all categories.

Bodes well for next year and the future of this magnificent spectacle - Every single one of the riders is a winner in my book and the Commentary Team on French TV are wonderful, especially impressed by Thomas Voeckler.

Coupe de Champagne tomorrow for Ineos as they head into Paris - Sir Dave Brailsford should be very proud of his team - Bravo!:blush::blush::blush: