Life in the UK Test, I failed!

Failed too. 17/24.
I must admit to being fairly confident as each question that I answered changed to green. I thought that I was doing really well!

wotā€¦ no question on shove-haā€™pennyā€¦ :zipper_mouth_face:

And no mention of crib either Stella !!
Itā€™s scandalous !
What iā€™m saying is that pool is a recent addition but I suppose ā€˜traditionalā€™ is dependant on your age maybe ?

Dad built us a bagatelle boardā€¦ took him agesā€¦ and we loved playing ā€¦ :relaxed:

My old Grandad always played dominoes in the pub.

1 Like

Passed test 2. So, does that mean Iā€™m allowed to go visit?!!

Failed 15/24ā€¦going back on Friday anyway, only for visiting purposes though.

Isnā€™t pool the American version of the traditional English smoke-room game of snooker? :thinking:

Nah Paulā€¦ it means that, if they find out, theyā€™ll not let you leave :wink:

1 Like

Well in the pubs in many areas the first pool to be played in the early 70s was more Australian Pool with the seven yellow and seven orange balls plus black. The American Pool then became more popular as the Aussie balls went out of fashion or whatever.

Bar Billiards was fairly common in Pubs

Yep, definitely, very popular in the 60ā€™sā€¦

ā€œOne for his knobā€ Peter - brings back happy memories of squatting on a barstool for hours on end in an East-End Pub trying to fathom out the reason l was so crap at crib but kept playing. Maths not my strong point - Got on much better with those early table top video games, Space Invaders et.c

I was weaned on crib, I used to play a couple of games with my dad when he got in from work and after my homework was done. He was a sneaky old bugger who knew all the moves and permutations. Itā€™s a great game, dependant on the cards of course but I canā€™t think of a better card pub game thoā€™ euchre is interesting too.

Twister

Not with my dodgy knees mate !

1 Like

Naked twisterā€¦:joy:

1 Like

As opposed toā€¦?

Boring twister :grin::grin:

1 Like