Living under the Radar

Living under the radar ?

C’est la politesse!
I totally agree with Vic, if you want to be totally anonymous you cannot be expected to be taken as seriously as those who choose to make the full commitment.

By the way Vic, re the medal look at the MOD website and look for medals or just google Arctic Star.

It takes a while.

I wasn't aware it was compulsory to have either. I don't give out info I don't have to either on here or any other forum. Does the fact that I choose not to let all and sundry know what I look live or give personnel details mean my comments are invalid?

Black square, blank profile.

??

Sorry-do you have a problem with my reply?

Who or what is Sue Young ?

Actually I think it should be means tested. If you don't need it you don't get it. But that doesn't change the fact that I think it should be available only to UK residents.

Hi Lisa

Can I please ask you to open a ticket if you feel that there are posts / posters that are repeatedly talking down to people as we certainly don't want to foster that kind of ambience. Opening a ticket will alert our admin team and we can then take action. Thank you! x

I agree with John's point. People living below the radar also laugh at those of us who do not but we don't shop them for what they are doing. Well, perhaps we should. Shop each and every one we come across. Those who slither through like snakes will have the wind put up them and get out or go legitimate if they know people know what they are doing. Therewith we would have a level playing ground. It is not a nice proposition but then how nice is it to suggest that people can live on £110 per week, which they evidently can not, so are compelled to seek other benefits which has them branded scroungers, choose between heating their home or eating and plenty of them are becoming increasingly dependent on food banks. That is the UK of course. Convert £110 to €s, a miserable €140 in fact. Who says they should not be over here? Why should they not? They paid into the pensions scheme which is the pot the WFA comes out of. It is not an 'extra', simply a supplementary, one off payment. Thus I also agree with Jane's point about the wealthier claimants and the discrimination against people living inside the EU, that is a treaty arrangement the UK are defying.

So, quite simply, if we have people here in unregistered, uncontrolled cars, thus uninsured to boot, not paying taxes although doing quite nicely, then perhaps we are doing our duty if we decide to turn them in. I doubt any of us would wish to do that, but then they are mocking us and dragging us down with them. People who say they are right are too. Thank you, but no thank you. Of course I can survive without £200, I have no choice, but it is a matter of principle. No number of wrongs make a right.

So it is OK for millionaires living in the UK in Sandbanks and the south west to be given this allowance?

You do not have to claim it and it is very difficult if not impossible to say that you do not want it.

We are all UK pensioners and have contributed to the system for many years and I can tell you that is colder here than it was in Stroud.

It is also illegal to discriminate between UK pensioners living anywhere within the EU!!!

This ruling will be challenged and the UK taxpayer will pick up the legal costs. How many WFA's or nurses in A & E would that pay for?

One interesting point is the guy who said £200 WFA isn't worth bothering with has a UK address so he can claim all the benefits he would not be entitled to living in France

We do seem to have missed the point on this one never have i complained about French or any expats working on the black, working on the black as we say or depriving the inland revenue of his share of your hard earned income is a game played in every country in the world as was said to me many years ago by the very attractive young lady from the VAT office who came on a visit it is a game but remember we always win was her comment, she was harder than my old Flt Sgt and twice as vicious. Neither have i said i cant survive without the WFA,and no i am not perfect please dont compare me with members of AI . The point about the guy with the totally illegal car would be relevant whether he lived in the UK or France, as the car has not been inspected for over 4 years ploughing into a party of school kids through a broken steering link would be unthinkable.

This topic was about the lack of interest shown by many expats regarding action taken by the UK Government against people who for what ever reason have left the UK, the withdrawing of the winter fuel allowance thus creating a two tier system in the UK for OAPs, the recently discussed removal of the tax free allowance for expats, i am not sure whether it would effect people who are working outside of the UK. What else have they got in their little box to pull out and hit us with, is this the thin end of the wedge because rest assured there will be something that will impact on each and everyone of us if we sit back and let them. By the time you all shout enough it will be to late. The French living in the UK have their own member of parliament to fight their case the Brits have no one so if we dont do it ourselves no one will. I will bow out of this discussion knowing i am well and truly beaten, apathy rules

I agree with Simon about the WFA. I would rather my elderly parents ,who live in the UK, got more on their pension to allow them to keep warm- than people who have left the UK to live abroad.I'm sorry if you think that is wrong but it's my opinion. I am registered to vote in the UK but on balance wouldn't support support a call to pay WFA to ANY ex-pats anywhere.I am not wealthy but have enough to live reasonably here, as I would if I were in the UK.

Simon i have never read such drivel i assume you are taking the proverbial. Yes it is a free world but that does not entitle people to break the law and to put other road users at risk re. the guy driving around in a vehicle that has not had an MOT for at least 4 years i doubt you would be singing his praises if one of yours were seriously injured by his thoughtless behavior i have met many like you selfish, its ok until it effects you then you shout the loudest and no i am not reliant on the WFA but that does not give the Gov the right to falsify the figures to suit their own agenda . On what do you base your theory it was the previous generations that fleeced the UK, my father was a pensioner in the 70s 80s and 90s that was after a lifetime of work and 6 years up to his neck in muck and bullets, literally ruining his career as a commercial artist being unable to resume after the war but he carried on working and paying his taxes so others could draw their pension

this is a free world and people have given their lives so that every one can do what they want with their own. if you are relying on the WFA then you should not be over here. it is the previous generations that fleeced the UK in the 80's and 90's that have caused all this trouble.

every generation should be better off than the previous but now the reverse is happening due to the effect of above. at present a single pensioner gets £110 pw, plenty to live off.

good on the guy who is living under the radar, if you move from the UK you have to realise your benefits will be lost.