Lost Carte de Sejour

make sure you keep that safely tucked away.

I hope you have lots of copies. :slight_smile:

that’s actually a good point… keep one really, really safe… and another handy…

upload one to your email as well?

Hi Piyush,

Sorry to ask you silly questions. Regarding the récépissé de duplicata, do they send it anyway after you’ve applied for your new card (while you wait for your card) or do you have to apply for that one separately? Thanks

My card was stolen along with everything in Italy last week. Do you have any idea how long it takes to get a new carte du sejour?

Hi @Yassington i am
Currently facing same problem few days ago I got stolen in Italy and lost all my cards, I need to apply to get a new titre de séjour, and I need to travel in few weeks outside of france, may you tell me urgently what you did step by step and do they give a paper that allows you to travel? Please it’s so urgent! I’m trying to look online they all link me to one link which is not clear enough. Thanks

Hi @Piyush_Jagtap Currently facing same problem few days ago I got stolen in Italy and lost all my cards, I need to apply to get a new titre de séjour, and I need to travel in few weeks outside of france, may you tell me urgently what you did step by step and do they give a paper that allows you to travel? Please it’s so urgent! I’m trying to look online they all link me to one link which is not clear enough. Thanks

Go to your nearest mairie that issues cartes d’identité, passeports etc. and ask, it might be that they are only dealty with at préfectures. Be aware that delays for French cards are often 2 to 3 months at the moment (big problem nationally as nobody renewed during covid) recently replaced my kids cartes d’identité, managed to queue jump as I know the lady that does them and she told us that she was advising other people to shop around for mairies where the waiting time was shorter.

Bonne chance !

1 Like

Hi may I know if they give a paper on the spot that allows you to travel until the card is ready?

Hi Yassin did you manage to get the answer? It’s super urgent

You’ll always get the paperwork saying you’ve applied but I don’t think that enables you to travel, you’ll need to ask. I’d have been on the phone by now, especially with the long weekend and the fact that many mairie will be short staffed today (le pont de l’ascension) and most of those who are working will be off early afternoon too.

1 Like

But a titre de séjour is not a travel document? Presumably you are wanting mg it to come back into France and show you are resident? I think you cam just take proof of domicile, bank statement and so on to show if asked. Your passport will be stamped, but that is completely irrelevant as means nothing if you have the right of residence.

1 Like

Hopefully you have reported the theft to the Italian police and have they issued a statement listing everything that was stolen, including your carte de séjour. You may need this document. It will confirm your situation when you have to explain it for whatever reason.

Blindingly obvious but too obvious for me to see :person_facepalming::rofl:
And as travel is within schengen there won’t be any passport stampng either :wink:

Depends on her nationality and how she’s travelling…

1 Like

My niece came to us from italy recently, by plane and no passport stampng, but i suppose there’s no guarantee of that.

@Piyush_Jagtap Hi Piyush, my wife got her CDS stolen and we did it report it with the police and applied for a duplicate 4 days ago, do you know how long did you have to wait for it? My wife needs to travel outside of france, thank you for replying

@Aya_Karus Hi Aya, my wife has the problem as you did, her CDS was stolen and we applied for a duplicate online ( only way to do so ), she needs to travel outside of france, how long did you wait until your duplicate arrived ? Did they give you another paper to travel while waiting for it?
Thank you for your time.

@Yassington Hi Yassington, my wife got her CDS stolen a week ago and we applied for a duplicate, how long did you have to wait to get yours?
Also my wife needs to travel outside of france did you get a special document to travel while the card is issued?
Thank you for your help.

Is there a reason she needs the CDS instead of just a passport? This is a genuine question, I’m not familiar with how it works.