Lot-et-Garonne CPAM cancelling category S1 Cartes Vitales 31/12/20. Other depts likely to follow

Hello,

Yesterday I looked at our Amerli a/c and it says in red ‘your cover will end soon’ and ‘please supply documents’?? I’ve written to them but not heard back yet and contacted our doctor who said we had to contact Amelie. I take regular medicines and my husband has to go to Bordeaux soon for ‘tests’. I’m stressed out about this visit so really don’t need any more. We’re on S1’s which we’ve had for about 6/7 yrs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Ring the English speaking help line or if your French is good enough your CPAM caisse. They’ll have a better idea about what’s going on.

We spoke to Melanie on the English speaking helpline and she took the numbers on our Carte Vitales and got in touch with the authorities in 71 and we had an e-mail later that day with new attestations to print off.

Thanks Jane, could you post the helpline number of the English speaking service.

regards

Hi Beth, try Ameli English speaking helpline in Google.
Izzy x

English helpline at Ameli:
09 74 75 36 46.

Many thanks to all of you!
regards

Some good news, some not!
Having informed Lot-et-Garonne CPAM that I am sending them an S1 for OH they have now cancelled his carte vitale with immediate effect - so not even an end date of 31/12/20! This is frustrating as he has a repeat prescription for blood pressure tabs. No doubt in time this will get sorted as his S1 is winging its way to them. In the meantime, just another irritation and means he will have to pay in full at the chemist / doctor etc and get reimbursed when CPAM have registered his S1.

For anyone who has a carte vitale on the back of their OH’s S1 (as my OH did) it’s worth bearing in mind that when they too reach retirement age they perhaps should check with Newcastle and their CPAM whether they effectively need to “reregister” in their own right and obtain their own S1. This was never explained to us, but seems to be the issue. No-one informed us of this at the time. OH reached 65 in 2013 and that seems to be the date when we should have got an S1 for him. All this has only come to light now and it’s only now his card’s been cancelled. We were living in blissful ignorance!

The good news? Now that I don’t have OH as effectively a “dependent” my card has reverted to a full year’s rights. :grin:

In all of this, my advice to anyone still struggling is to keep badgering, keep insisting, to both your local CPAM and to Newcastle and eventually they do seem to be sorting it out.

2 Likes

Luckily most of the common BP drugs are as cheap as chips…so hopefully only 5€ or so.

2 Likes

I have sent my s1 to cpam with applications for carte Vitale for myself and my wife who will be a dependant on my s1. I have received a certificate attestation de droits a’ l’assurance maladies in my name only and dated for full year up to 11/10/21.
What I need to know is does my wife need to wait till her carte Vitale comes through or should her name have been on certificate also.
I saw somewhere that there is an english speaking department I could contact in cpam could anyone let me know the number to contact as I have a problem speaking in french on phone .
TIA David Mackintosh

Here is the link to the english Amelie (CPAM pages) - worth saving the link for the future and the number and hours are on there.

@Davidpmackintosh

They are very helpful

Tory have you included the link?

Here’s the link. Note the correct spelling is Ameli (sorry, don’t mean to be pedantic!).
Izzy x

When your online account is available you can print an attestation at any time and it is valid for one year ahead …so the one sent to you to cover you until you get cards your will be valid from when it was sent for a year ahead.
We (my wife is on my S1 too ) initially got individual attestations with a shared social number (early last dec) the completed forms and returned with photos then we got cards with individual new social numbers mid January 2020.

When your online account is available you can print an attestation at any time and it is valid for one year ahead …so the one sent to you to cover you until you get cards your will be valid from when it was sent for a year ahead.
We (my wife is on my S1 too ) initially got individual attestations with a shared social number (early last dec) the completed forms and returned with photos then we got cards with individual new social numbers mid January 2020

Ha ha clearly not :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: clearly brain not working today at all!!! We stayed up VERY late to watch Bidens speech (which was 1/2 hour late :rage: so made even worse!).

1 Like

I was originally on my OHs CV and that continued after we both got S1s more or less at the same time (WASPI women).
Just a short time ago, my card was updated to reflect my own SS number and an ameli account in my own right so the dependency issue was removed. This has caused one or two minor issues with regular ordinances and hospital appointments where in the past I was registered under OHs CV, but these minor irritations have been easily and seamlessly resolved with a new attestation downloaded from ameli on my own account.

At least you now know the reasoning behind it all.
I’m sure you already know this but do keep the « brown forms » - you’ll need them to get reimbursed once your OHs account is restored.

1 Like

If you log on to your Ameli account and click on the request to download an attestation you should be given the option of whether just for you or for your beneficiaries (ie your wife). That should then allow yiu to print off an attestation for her.

I’m not sure what an Amelia account is I’m kinda new to all these forms and websites and struggling to guggle things and keep all things up dated .I thought that I was doing everything correct but now I’m starting to have self doubt and worrying about my wife’s healthcare