Lot-et-Garonne CPAM cancelling category S1 Cartes Vitales 31/12/20. Other depts likely to follow

I’ve just checked mine on the Ameli website ( Dordogne CPAM ) and the end date for my attestation is 1 year from today 2/10/2021.

No - I’m in Cotes d’Armor.

Thanks @Geof_Cox and @Sue_Young. So it looks like it maybe a Lot-et-Garonne problem.

It would be interesting to know if those with a later date do NOT have
“Code Gestion 70”
on their Attestation
but another Code Gestion number… ???

@Geof_Cox @Sue_Young are you willing to check… :thinking: :wink: no problem if not… it could be one of so many things… c ausing a hiccup…

please don’t give us any personal info

I’m not in L et G… yet I seem to have “their” hiccup… so I really reckon it’s possibly general for Code 70 folk … would make some sort of sense… and as I’ve said… perhaps just need to bring the CV up to date at the borne at the pharmacy…

The prefectures do seem to be laws unto themselves.

I am not reliant on an S1 for health cover and my attestation also runs from 2/10/202 to 2/10/2021. As does my wife’s and she is French. So Brexit and the S1 would not seem to have anything to do with it.

But we ARE reliant on S1 and so would imply it might have something to do with it.

Yup Sue, we’ve got code gestion 70 and a request for a mise a jour. But then I’m assuming that’s been there for some time - I think the last time we needed attestations was over 2 years ago when we go our cartes de sejour so that was the last time I looked. I’m now 73 and the carte has worked fine in the intervening years. I used it yesterday…

1 Like

Both my husband and my attention have a code 70 on them. My husband has had his S1 for a couple of years- I only presented my S1 on May of this year.

1 Like

Well… it seems we need to try another tack… code 70 might be a red herring…

I’ll get my CV “up to date” during next week… then look again at my Attestation to see if the date has moved past 31/12/2020… and (hopefully) it will have. :wink: :wink:

Just had a very helpful email from someone who knows what’s going on. She says:

I picked up this issue from a Facebook post in a group which has spun out of the main Remain in France Together (Citizens Rights) group. It is a reputable group, senior members of which meet with government officials to represent out rights. Now one of the more senior persons in that group has taken this issue up and will contact the embassy person with the healthcare system responsibilities.

The ordinary Facebook group member (withS1) who raised it said that CPAM have told him that they cannot extend his attestation beyond the end of the transition period because the outcome of negotiations is still uncertain. This is nonsense as our rights to healthcare are dealt with in the Withdrawal Agreement.

I suggest that you start by using the messaging system within your Amelie account to ask them why the attestation only runs to 31/12/2020 and not for a full year. I have done that and asked if it is an error. I shall see what they say but expect it to be the same as for the person on Facebook. I’ll let you know.

I also used the contact email form of the British Embassy in Paris to let them know that my attestation only runs to the end of the transition period and that I believe this is incorrect. I asked them to confirm this is so and if so, asked them to take the matter up.

I should perhaps have waited for the reply by CPAM to my message so I could refer to that directly when writing to the embassy. I may have been too precipitate with that.

If you message CPAM and see what they say before contacting the embassy, I’ll let you know what they say to me and when I hear from the embassy I’ll let you know about that reply as well. Hopefully by then they will be taking it forward and you won’t need to do anything. If by any chance they aren’t then you will already have evidence of this department’s mal-administration to back up what you write to them.

3 Likes

Code gestion 70 is merely the code to show that you are within the group covered by “Conventions internationales (CEE et conventions bilatérales)”. The same way the ‘99’ in your social security number shows you are born outside France.

Our attestations run as normal for 12 months, and I am really not going to fret myself about this.

If the UK reneges on the withdrawal agreement then we will rejoin PUMA as we did previously. It is open to all french residents, and for those on low incomes it is a modest cost. And someone who has just the UK state pension probably won’t have to pay at all. It is 8% on your income above about 10,000€.

3 Likes

Yes I know you are but the fact is that S1 or not the expiry date in most comments I’ve read here is the same as us, 2/10/21. If that’s not the case get on the AMELI page and ask them why. Or go to the Sécu office and ask them directly.

1 Like

@terry If you read my post above you’ll see this is a mistake being made by (at least) the Lot-et-Garonne CPAM with regard to their S1 card holders…

@SuePJ

Sue, I’m really heartened by the fact that other Code 70 folk have got Attestations which go beyond the end of 2020… :grinning: :grinning:

there’s hope for us yet… :relaxed: :relaxed:

1 Like

@JaneJones Hi Jane, excuse my ignorance. What is PUMA?

No, we’re not Code Gestion 70 - our family is all Code 10 or 12 (sorry if this reply is too late to add anything - just sat down!).

1 Like

It’s OK Geof… others who are Code 70 do not have a problem… so OH and I reckon we need to update our cards and all will be well.

It is cheering to note that although his Attestation runs out 31/12/20… his rights to free treatment for his major bits and bobs continues until 2027… also noted on said Attestation… :thinking: :roll_eyes: :crazy_face:

1 Like

Is this the very same Withdrawal Agreement that this truly dishonourable UK government is trying to renegotiate?

1 Like