Lot-et-Garonne CPAM cancelling category S1 Cartes Vitales 31/12/20. Other depts likely to follow

didn’t you renege?

No this is the same Withdrawal Agreement that the UK government is trying to unilaterally renege upon.

renegotiation would be the honourable approach.

2 Likes

Code 10 is régime géneral, and 12 is régime géneral non cotisants. So I presume you are in the health system on your own count, and do not have S1’s. These codes just define how you are covered, so separate numbers for eg war invalids, sncf workers and so on, Nothing sinister about them at all.

Yes that’s right Jane.

1 Like

Both me and my husband are covered by S1’s, have Code 70 and Attestations to 2/10/21. We are in Lot-et-Garonne and Agen is our regional CPAM.

1 Like

@SuePJ

Sue … I reckon you can take heart from Poppy’s reply…

I just checked my attestation on ameli. I’m in Dordogne, have had carte vitale 14 years. My attestation on ameli now says code gestion 70 and 31/12/2020. Not connected really to this thread, but I had a UK state pension ‘Life certificate’ come last week. I took it to our mairie (Razac d’Eymet) for witnessing and stamping. I was met with: ’ the form needs to be in French’. Telephoned Wolverhampton and was told ‘yes, we are getting people telephoning us asking for a French translation. I can send you one by email’. Which she did.

1 Like

Thanks Poppy, good to know. This is bizarre! I’ll be sending a message today, but we’ll also make an appointment. I wonder if it is as simple as needing a mise ?

If the UK reneges on the withdrawal agreement then we will rejoin PUMA as we did previously. It is open to all french residents, and for those on low incomes it is a modest cost. And someone who has just the UK state pension probably won’t have to pay at all. It is 8% on your income above about 10,000€.

Is that figure based on total household income or solely the individual’s concerned income?

Just read the PUMA summary points (thanks for the link @graham) and I see it’s for people who are employed, not retired (if I’ve understood the bullet points correctly)

PUMA is protection UNIVERSAL maladie, it is open to anyone resident in france (for retired people you have to have been here 3 months first).

And I recall that we each paid it. However, if as a couple your joint income is below about 13,000€ you are eligible for complémentaire santé solidaire where everything is virtually free.

(Note, for any newcomers reading this and thinking how brilliant not to have to pay anything…that CSS threshold for a couple is below the amount necessary for legal residence in France in first 5 years).

4 Likes

The minimum income required for an EU CdS & now a WA CdS for early retirees under 65 is RSA which for a couple is just under €850 or €10,200 per year.

In fact each case should be assessed individually so €10,200 is the maximum income that can be required & the actual cash income could be considerably lower eg living in mortgage free house so no accommodation costs.

The subject of the conversation was the concern if the UK reneges on the WA and people are left without the benefit of the S1. So generally people over 65, where the minimum income is 1,400€ For a couple.

5 Likes

I thought all the retired peope here (sfn) had access to the sécu using their S1 and the UK paid. Never gone into it as I’ve always worked and am still a decade off retirement, but that’s the impression I’ve got here on SFN listening to all your Brexit health concerns !

1 Like

My reply was correct.

Currently early retirees coming to France may well have a low enough income that they qualify for CSS.

The ordnance published in case of No Deal gave an income level of RSA for all regardless of age so the strong likelihood is that this will be the level for a WA CdS. There is a much stronger likelihood of this than of the UK reneging on the S1 scheme for pensioners.

Personally, I don’t give a shit who pays - S1 or not - provided I continue to access the excellent health care here in France in one form or another :wink:

4 Likes

Thoroughly agree. And those of us facing a date on the Ameli site that is only 3 months away are getting nervous!

But surely the point is not what the UK will or won’t do. It’s what (some?) French prefectures are deciding they think the UK will do and taking unilateral action already.

Possibly it will be resolved on receipt of the post Brexit residency card.

Yes, but the question is what happens to retired people, some of whom who are on low incomes, if things change.

1 Like