Lot-et-Garonne CPAM cancelling category S1 Cartes Vitales 31/12/20. Other depts likely to follow

When we go to CPAM in Agen, it will be useful to be able to take with us the relevant paragraph in French in the withdrawal agreement that states our health costs will continue to be paid by the UK after Brexit.

Does anyone by any chance know where I can find this paragraph please? I’d be very grateful not to have to wade through pages of French legalese. Thanks.

From the British Embassy Paris Facebook page dated 21 Sept 2020

1 Like

And here in the text of the q&a on withdrawal agreement

Sécurité sociale

L’accord de retrait prévoit des règles relatives à la coordination des systèmes de sécurité sociale en ce qui concerne les personnes qui bénéficient de la partie de l’accord de retrait consacrée aux droits des citoyens, ainsi que d’autres personnes qui, à la fin de la période de transition, se trouvent dans une situation impliquant à la fois le Royaume-Uni et un État membre du point de vue de la coordination des systèmes de sécurité sociale.

Ces personnes conserveront leurs droits aux soins de santé, à une pension et à d’autres prestations de sécurité sociale, et si elles peuvent obtenir des prestations en espèces dans un pays, elles pourront continuer à les percevoir même si elles vivent dans un autre pays.

3 Likes

@JaneJones Jane brilliant. Just what I need.

@graham Graham thanks. All grist to the mill.

1 Like

What have French préfectures to do with an S1 & access to healthcare?

1 Like

If you wish, you can select English rather than practice your French by clicking on the FR icon at the top of the page and selecting your language of choice…

My brain needs the exercise!

Not always that I agree with @anon30081639 but the same thought has occurred to me too :thinking:

@anon30081639 @graham I agree with you both, yet this does not seem to be a universal problem with CPAM but specific to CPAM within Lot-et-Garonne and possibly elsewhere.

Morning All

Does seem to be a problem with LeG.

Just checked our AM which is with La Manche, it shows our Attestation de droits is valid from 04/10/20 to 03/10/21. This is the same for OH as well.

Hope this helps calm worries elsewhere.

Have a nice wet day

Andy

@andyw Thanks for the info Andy. I’ve just been into the pharmacy with our two cards and he’s done a “mis à jour” for us. Makes no difference to the date. He hypothesizes that it is because we will be required to give additional proof of residence post-Brexit. But it is just weird that L&G is doing this and seemingly not elsewhere.

IMPORTANT UPDATE. I have just called the Ameli English speaking helpline - very helpful.

If you have an end date of 31/12/20 with your carte vitale I suggest you call them: 09 74 75 36 46

This is the first time the helpline operator I spoke to had come across this situation/problem and she does not understand it. She is contacting Lot-et-Garonne CPAM on my behalf and getting back to me via email.

She does not think it is due to Brexit as they have not been informed centrally about this.

5 Likes

I’m having a go from my end of things… hopefully my local CPAM will clarify things.

Funnily enough… a French friend tells me she has never reprinted her Attestation… she’s got the same one she’s had from many years ago… :roll_eyes: :thinking: she was not aware that it had “end date” on it…

I’ve never reprinted my attestation either but to try and get to the bottom of this I just went on to the ameli site where you can print them off, tried it and got one downloaded within seconds for me and the kids… 05/10/2020 - 04/10/2021. So have a go on the ameli site and see if they give you a year’s certificat or if only until the end of 2020 :wink:

1 Like

Which department are you in Andrew?
Also, as you have kids, I’m guessing you have not got yours by virtue of holding an S1.
So far as we can tell, this situation/problem ONLY applies to those who are retired and needed an S1 to get their carte vitale

I’m in the Tarn and I work, I appreciate it’s nothing like your situation, I’m in the system lock stock and barrel and will never be a question of an S1. But I thought it might be worth you trying to print off an attestation from the ameli site to see if that is blocked at the Brexit date (it’s a national site so may get round the local problem :wink: )

@Andrew_Hearne I have Andrew. Those of us affected have been dealing with Ameli. And if you look back through this thread you’ll see I have shown here a scan of my attestation taken off the Ameli site with the end of December deadline.
Just thank your lucky stars that you have one less thing to worry about. :grin:

1 Like

Believe me, running a business in France and teenage kids gives me plenty to worry about! The good thing for all you people is that years ago there were no forums for help, no English help lines, you just had to wing it on your own, now there’s help at every corner to soften the pain, although we didn’t have Brexit to deal with and I now wouldn’t be able to go to uni in France on the Erasmus scheme, great shame for future generations.

4 Likes

@an_droo Oh believe me, I know! And I am just very, very grateful.

1 Like

We’re not on S1s but all ours have been blocked, we’re in PACA, I was told to contact them but couldn’t get through so wrote a letter, still awaiting a response!

1 Like