Main house, two 3* gites, development potential, garden

9 rooms, 6 bedrooms, 210 m² built area excluding dependencies (2.500 € per m²), land 1.860 m²

Beautiful, flexible and atypical property, full of charater, for a large family home, to share as a second home, or to continue to operate all or part of it as a 3* gîte with a good return and occupancy rate.

Located in the sought-after commune of Trie-Château with shops and SNCF station (line J for Paris) within walking distance, 5 mins from Gisors town centre and commercial zones, 1h15 from Paris, 1h15 from Rouen, 1h30 from Dieppe and close to many sites of interest and tourist attractions.

• It includes: A 110 m² main house (large entrance with plenty of storage space, shower room, laundry room, wc, kitchen 12 m², living room of 33 m² with wood burner and upstairs: 3 bedrooms of 19, 10 and 9m², bathroom with independant shower).
  • A 3* gîte of 75 m² with independent entrance onto the street, comprising on the ground floor: entrance, large living / dining room, kitchen, wc and on the first floor: large landing, 2 large bedrooms, shower room with wc and beautiful vaulted cellar.
  • A 3* gîte of about 25 m² comprising on the ground floor: a fitted kitchen, dining corner and shower room and on the first floor: a bedroom / lounge.

The gîtes had a turnover of 30k€ in 2021 and the forecast for 2022 is 33k€ with an occupancy rate of almost 80%. The business would be easy to take over, supply is low and demand for accommodation in this area is strong and sustainable if you wish to continue to enjoy this business.

The property also includes a garage with attic on the first floor, another house of about 50m² on 2 levels to be renovated into a guest house or additional gîte and 2 brick built garden sheds. A large inner courtyard provides plenty of secure parking space in addition to the garage.

The property is set in enclosed grounds of approx. 1,860 m² with riverside terrace, trees including fruit trees, lawn and vegetable garden.

The house and gîtes have mains gas and mains drainage. Many of the windows and doors are double glazed or have been replaced with high performance glazing. All the ground floor openings in the main house have been recently replaced.

I would be happy to take phone calls or do video or on site visits for any interested parties. Please share if you know of anyone looking! Thanks

1 Like

Lovely photos. Useful to let us know where please.

Oh no, I wrote out a huge text, then when I uploaded the photos and published, it disappeared!

I’m going to have to start again… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

just edit your original post with the details so they are kept together.

9 rooms 6 bedrooms 210 m² Land 1.860 m² 2.500 € per m²

Beautiful, flexible and atypical property, full of charater, for a large family home, to share as a second home, or to continue to operate all or part of it as a 3* gîte with a good return and occupancy rate.

Located in the sought-after commune of Trie-Château with shops and SNCF station (line J for Paris) within walking distance, 5 mins from Gisors town centre and commercial zones, 1h15 from Paris, 1h15 from Rouen, 1h30 from Dieppe and close to many sites of interest and tourist attractions.

• It includes: A 110 m² main house (large entrance with plenty of storage space, shower room, laundry room, wc, kitchen 12 m², living room of 33 m² with wood burner and upstairs: 3 bedrooms of 19, 10 and 9m², bathroom with independant shower).

• A 3* gîte of 75 m² with independent entrance onto the street, comprising on the ground floor: entrance, large living / dining room, kitchen, wc and on the first floor: large landing, 2 large bedrooms, shower room with wc and beautiful vaulted cellar.

• A 3* gîte of about 25 m² comprising on the ground floor: a fitted kitchen, dining corner and shower room and on the first floor: a bedroom / lounge.

The gîtes had a turnover of 30k€ in 2021 and the forecast for 2022 is 33k€ with an occupancy rate of almost 80%. The business would be easy to take over, supply is low and demand for accommodation in this area is strong and sustainable if you wish to continue to enjoy this business.

The property also includes a garage with attic on the first floor, another house of about 50m² on 2 levels to be renovated into a guest house or additional gîte and 2 brick built garden sheds. A large inner courtyard provides plenty of secure parking space in addition to the garage.

The property is set in enclosed grounds of approx. 1,860 m² with riverside terrace, trees including fruit trees, lawn and vegetable garden.

The house and gîtes have mains gas and mains drainage. Many of the windows and doors are double glazed or have been replaced with high performance glazing. All the ground floor openings in the main house have been recently replaced.

I would be happy to take phone calls or do video or on site visits for any interested parties. Please share if you know of anyone looking! Thanks

I hit “keep editing” but I’m not getting a box to post the text into?

Thanks for your help

Ah, I think I’ve got it this time… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tiny point about the order of your text. You have house 210m2, land 1,800m2 and then price per metre 2 as €2,500 - which would make cost over €5million. I presume that prix/m2 is for the house!!

Also could you help me with the gite figures because I think I am being stupid here. 80% occupancy over the year would be around 40 weeks occupancy per gite and according to my maths this works out at an average weekly rental per gite of under 400€ which seems awfully low. Have I left a nought off somewhere which is entirely possble or should we take it that 80% occupancy is over the season, in which case how long is your season please?

No, its about right. We make about 3,000 - 3,500€ for the 2 in high season and about 1,500 - 2,000€ in low season. Average month last year was exactly 2,500€. Bit higher this year.

The 1 bedroom Duplex rents at 50 to 70€ per night and the 2 bedroom house at 70 to 100€ per night depening on season and number of people staying.

Those are the rates around here!

1 Like

Yes, price per m2 is generally expressed for built area unless referring to undeveloped land, when it is for the plot size. I’ll look at modifying the order which was copied from our professional ad…

1 Like

What a superb location Danielle. If only… but we recall your other thread.

Very good luck to you.

2 Likes

Thank you!

That is what I would expect, but I had a moment’s hesitation with the order!! Prices vary so much across France, and not knowing your area that could perhaps be feasible - it would be in Paris! :rofl:. Even with built area that’s very different from us. We are 7 bed, 5 bath, 3000m2 land + all the bits and pieces and would struggle to sell for much over €400k I think. Amazing what more amenities and access does!

I wish you all the best in finding someone who falls in love with it and offers what you want instantly.

1 Like

We would be under the 500k mark were it not for the value inherent in the business. When you think that a year’s takings are easily 1.5x more than most salaries people make around here and 3 years takings = 100k€.

Its also very tax efficient, only 7% cotisations and IR included because of the 3* classification.

Plus with the potential for further development, someone could continue to add value on a site where we spent 10 years doing the hard graft already, dragging it out of the 1950s :sweat_smile:.

They get 4 properties in one here, 3 renovated and one potentially gorgeous project. It offers dozens of different possibilities.

Hopefully someone will walk in and love it, see the potential that we did all those years ago, just to go further and really finish it up the way they want it. We signed on the dotted line on the first day we saw it! And it was brown and orange inside and out, back then, practically falling apart, covered in ivy from foundations to roof.

We’ve had no luck with 4 agents, only serious interest we have found for ourselves and I’m certain that’s how it’s going to happen…

Ps, whereabouts are you Jane?

True, I have no idea how you value a business so didn’t consider that. Mind you the difference between turnover and actual profit with gîtes can be big. With a €30k turnover prospective purchasers may only be assuming €7.5k profit. So not enough to live on.

Amazed that you have had so little interest since so accessible to Paris. Do the agents have any suggestions why that is?

We are way over in the East in the middle of nowhere…

I only used a local Notaire to sell my house, agents wanted too much but it worked and the Notaire sold it in four days. My sons’s FIL had his parent’s huge expensive flat overlooking the naval base at Brest to sell and used a Notaire in Paris who had a better chance of selling it because for the price being asked, it was too expensive for locals who could buy a house and garden for less. He did finally get rid of it via the Notaire and never got any agents involved. You may therefore be better advertising in the larger cities and towns than relying on local agents and also loans at the moment are becoming more difficult to get to buy property than they were a year ago.

1 Like

Hi,

Its one of the reasons we started out using Leggetts, as they assured us that their marketing would tap into the Parisian, international and other ‘high net worth’ individuals.

I do have a Paris agent who’s a recommendation of a good friend on the case, but so far that’s not turned up anything either.

Our local agent has us on all the right sites, including Le Figaro Immobilier etc. Also a commercial site to tap into gite / other work from home opportunity seekers.

But as I’ve said, our best interest so far has come from PAP (direct marketing), which got us some Parisian 2nd home seekers interested within 24hrs, its the best lead we’ve had so far. They were specifically looking for multiple houses, riverside and walking distance to the station, all of which we have.

There is money around here (though a large split between those ‘with’ and ‘without’) from people who work in Paris and commute (or increasingly do home or hybrid working, like me) but also among a quite thriving local business owner community. There seem to be new stores and businesses opening around here all the time.

And I was told that good housing stock had been in short supply since Covid, I’ve certainly had every agent within 30kms knock on the door trying to get a mandate (have only picked 2 at a time).

Its true thats its hard to put a profitabilty number in the marketing material because it is so variable depending on the people’s circumstances who run it (size of credit needed) and HOW it is run - keeping up the star rating makes the most difference for us because it cuts the taxes and cotisations so low that in fact, our profits are easily more than double your estimate.

The agents have just said that the overall conjecture (war in Ukraine, cost of living, rising rates etc). mean that the market has slowed and the cheapest end is currently the most dynamic…