March 3rd 2020: Change of driver’s license to French: new process

Only helpful if you are on Facebook :thinking:

1 Like

No idea where you have been… I tapped ANTS, entered my identification/password and got to this screen… then you simply tap on "demander un Permis de Conduire in the Pink section on the bottom left hand side (mon espace conducteur) … and on you go…

1 Like

I went via France Connect / MSA & my no. secu.
My request was going along nicely…I ticked a box stating that I was “de recherche d’emploi”…which is my present status.
The following page was everything that I’d entered, & stated that I had a titre de séjour.
I dropped out at that point as I don’t want to make any “false” declarations.

I have no idea about France Connect… as ANTS is so straightforward (for me at least)…

why not go the ANTS route… you can open an account so easily… (as I have proved to my satisfaction today) :hugs:

France Connect is just a way of logging on to the ANTS site Stella.

@tim17 Well, ANTS certainly didn’t ask me anything like France Connect asked Bob… :crazy_face:

Must say… my success with ANTS this morning is “almost” giving me back some confidence regarding this year’s Declaration of Revenue… :hugs:

@Codfanglers perhaps you would have done better to tick a box regarding Driving Licences… etc… :crazy_face:

https://permisdeconduire.ants.gouv.fr/

1 Like

That’s the page I clicked Stella
As Tim says FC seems to group lots of info together, from differents sources, for ease of access

I have no idea what you are doing that is/was different to what I have just done - yet again (this minute) - and I’ve gone straight through to exchanging my driving licence… :roll_eyes: simples… honestly… :upside_down_face: :roll_eyes: :hugs:

My only concern is making a false statement ie saying that I have a titre de séjour, when indeed I don’t…otherwise, it seems fairly straightforward

I’ve just gone right through the procedure up to the final page.

I’ve answered NO to several questions which do not apply to my situation… including NO titre de sejour…

Personally I have to say that I find directing readers to other social media pages quite irritating as it is not terribly helpful. Official sources, links, sites etc, brilliant. Other information, not so much so. It’s also quite rude."
Although this may not be an " official " site, Kim who runs it is very knowledgeable. She has been doing it since the Brexit referendum, she has had talks with M. Serge Boulanger who runs the department in Nantes who deals with DL exchange, she’s helped unblock many bottlenecks in the system and helped many people negotiate the system- even people who speak very good French have got stuck in the bureaucracy that is the French systems. So not at all rude-but very helpful.

3 Likes

Exactly where I was up to…I am of course, looking for work…no other way of answering, as I am registered with Pole Emploi & not in employment, as yet.
However, in a few weeks time, I start a part time job, so maybe I’ll wait & try again

I’ve had a go 3 times now and it is stopping me from playing any more… :laughing: :laughing:

it does not matter if you say oui or non to chercher d’emploi… it does not open up any more windows so far as I have been able to find out… so say Oui… to that and NON to Titre de sejour… all should be well… you are only exchanging a permit from an agreed country… … not asking for a bank loan (or are you :roll_eyes:)…

good luck…

Just tick ‘non’ and carry on Bob, you’re simply trying to swap driving licences nothing more.

actually @tim17 … I think folk should answer as correctly as they can , according to their situation… it would be ghastly if a mistake should throw up a wobbly later on… :roll_eyes: :wink:

I’m hoping we will hear from someone soon… who has gone the whole route… yeah…

Seriously Stella? How in gods name will Bob ticking ‘non’ throw up ‘a wobbly’ when he just wants to swap his driving licence?

I’ve done a dummy run-through just to see what documents are needed and the process was very easy.

1 Like

Well, he wants to say Oui and I don’t see why he can’t… and he doesn’t want to say Non as it is not the case…

I was, perhaps, being oversensitive, but I can’t see the point of not being upfront… :roll_eyes:

I’m so glad that your dummy run process was easy… that is what I found to be the case… and let’s hope others will be tempted to have a go.

Perhaps the most involved bit will be getting the documents needed scanned (or whatever) to attach to the application…

what are your thoughts on that aspect ???