Members (Art Without Limits)

Thank you Debra...the original which hangs over my fire place...is obviously much better than this photograph of it. I work in oils and water colour...though I prefer water colour as I love the way as it dries it takes on a life of its own. I used to teach senior beginners in Norfolk where I lived...I loved sharing my love of painting with them. I rarely paint now...and I have no excuses. Maybe I should take up teaching again. I do like quick pen and ink sketches...:-)

Thank you. I'm still trying to find one style but I keep on exploring new ways of interpreting the landscape in a sem-absract way. I see lines linking up various points and areas in a subject and fill in the bits in between.

I managed to fool quiet a few employers and clients for 40+ years and was amazed that they would pay me for thinking up ideas, doing drawing and colouring in!

Hi Heather! Thank you for sharing some examples of your work. Both are marvelous. I especially like Morston Norfolk. The ambiance is sober but quite appealing. It gives me a sense of melancholy but an appreciation for the owners of the boats in though they are absent. Lovely paintings!

I love your sense of whimsy and how you execute your ideas in a way that borders on abstraction. Your sense of design is quite impressive. I would imagine your graphic design work was very popular with clients. Excellent painting!

Yes! Fish and chips on the beach at Aldeburgh in Suffolk with a pint of Adnams Broadside with the boats hauled up onto the beach.

On the Post, 40cm square acrylic sold 8 years ago.

Morston Norfolk...oil on canvas...about 2000...

Thanks Heather.

Lovely Suzy...really lifelike...well done !!!! :-)

Thanks so much for your comments which are very encouraging. Perhaps I should try asking students to draw a chair, good idea.

Hi Suzy. I see your oil paintings are as strong and lively as your portraits in watercolors and digital. Keep posting! I love seeing your work. You inspire me. :)

Hi Fiona. Your chairs and the interiors, in which they are situated, are excellent. I especially like the first one. I always hated painting chairs, especially chairs chairs that aren't upholstered. I use chairs without upholstery as a subject when I teach drawing classes. I must admit, I have improved and don't dread drawing them anymore since I have drawn so many with my students. Upholstered chairs have always served as just a prop for my models. After seeing your work, I should be more appreciative of them. Welcome to the group.

Hi Bev. I really like your painting style. I look forward to seeing the "new and improved" version.

Hi Neil... I really like the composition and color in your painting. The yellow letters in "fish" directs the viewer through your painting. I like that. The balance of the blue on the boat and then on the gull creates a attractive balance. Wonderful work!

Hi Ron... I love the simplicity of this photo. Yet the horizon's variety of details, from the geometric edges of the buildings to the organic silhouettes of the trees, play well against the flat background of the sky. The punch of the gradation in the moon draws the eye and creates an appealing look of abstraction to the piece. Quite elegant.

Thank you so much Ron!

Fiona,

That is a lovely portrait.

Thanks so much Bev for your kind comments. So pleased you like them.

Fiona, they're lovely. We're in the Bearn, nr Pau, sadly miles away