Mercedes ML280, 2007 RHD for sale

Hi Nacer Is the Merc still available? I have a Citroen C5 HDI estate to swap LHD diesel auto - deluxe model 2013 French plates memory leather seats sat nav etc barryafnew@gmail.com

Hi Mark, the reason I came to this group in the first place is because I was googling how to sell my car in the UK. Due to Covid my car is still in Algeria, I am in the UK however, when the borders open, I will go back and travel to France, my dad stay near Paris. I would like to sell my car in France, I am happy to answer all the questions you might have. here is my number 07500444773 if you would like to give me a call. I have a cosmetic factory and I am genuine person so no need to jump into conclusions.

Hi Barry, I emailed you back, sorry it took this long, I just saw your message

Hello, I am happy to supply any information needed for this car, due to covid, I left back in Algeria parked inside my garage and I came to the UK about 8 months ago. sorry it took me this long to reply I just saw all your messages and as I am not living in France I donā€™t check this website, the only reason I joined is to sell my car in France when I drive it to France, my dad lives near Paris so I am happy to get a LHD instead and take it back to Algeria rather then driving the car all the way to UK to sell it there. This car is in great condition I am happy to supply all the information you need, just PM me. I own a cosmetic factory in Algeria and I used to be a lecturer in Edinburgh so yes I am not a scammer.

Hi Mark, will this make you happier, I am happy to share anything, I can also show you a documentary about my business if you want

https://www.linkedin.com/in/fsmail/

Hi Iā€™ve just had a look (as I am most!) , Amazing achievements, well done! Where are the cosmetics sold? Always interested in new natural skincare rangesā€¦

Hi Catharine, my products are developed in the UK and made in Algeria, Soon I am launching this brand in the UK. www.genilux.dz

1 Like

I apologise for the thread hijack but I was interested in your products so just visited your website. I was initially stunned by the prices (4000 for 4 items!) until it clicked that the prices are in Algerian dinar.

Would it be worth quoting dinar and euros (assuming you sell to the EU)?

1 Like

The products look amazing!

It is good to see the bright side, Cat.

Whatā€™s your point Mark? My UK company is developing the products in the UK but products are made in Algeria. So UK company will start making money once I bring the products to be sold in the UK. If you have any questions I am happy to answer you rather you digging by yourself and making assumptions. www.instagram.com/biogeniedz to check our products.

1 Like

Thank you Catharine, products are made with British standards under British licence.

1 Like

Hi Brian, I am still looking for buyers (importers/wholesalers) in France. But I am dealing with the British market myself. Thanks for looking

I donā€™t mean to offend but sometimes it does not hurt to be suspicious in these times.
Although SFN has been around for some while & has much respect among the ex-pat community it is not, as yet, THE ā€œgo-toā€ site for those wishing to sell RHD cars in France. Iā€™m sure that you would have looked at other sites that are far more focused on car sales but you chose this one. It could be because you do not know much about selling or it could be that you do & see the demographic.
It also seems odd that you donā€™t want to sell it in Algeria - as it is older than 3 years & the recent change in the law there I would have thought it would be the obvious move.
I have had to deal with a few people who have bought cars registered elsewhere but have been unable to register them here because something was not right with the carā€™s paperwork & since Brexit has added the possibility of import duty & VAT this has become more acute.
Itā€™s just that things donā€™t make sense - you buy a car in the UK mid 2019, drive it to Algeria & less than a year later advertise it for sale not where it is, not where it came from but in a country in between. Even with Covid there were times when it was possible for you to drive home but you didnā€™t.
Now you are promoting a business that shows no turnover but some websites quote as ā€œ18 employees & 3 milliion dollar turnoverā€ (Zoominfo).
You may well be genuine but if you were looking to spend serious money on a car being sold by someone living too far away to visit if things went wrong, wouldnā€™t YOU check them out?

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the interest , like I said I am happy to answer any questions you have, and I am open to answer anything you like, I am an open person and I donā€™t have to hide anything, even in public, Me being an Amazigh (free men) and also living in Scotland for 19 years, I am true to myself and others and proud to be who I am, so fire any questions you might have.

To answer some of the questions you have already asked:

You cannot sell a used car in Algeria and even though they discussed allowing less than 3 year old cars, they have changed their mind for now.

This car in Algeria is worth double the price about Ā£14 000. But unfortunately not allowed to sell.

Also as a tourist with a car in Algeria, you will be given only 6 months TPD (Autorisation to circulate in Algeria) after you have to take it back to where it came from, in this case travel back to Marseille, even if you go back the next day to Algeria they will give you another 6months. The trip costs Ā£500 with corsica Linea.

To answer your second question, Algeria closed the borders since Covid started and still are closed. Rumours that they will open them back again in June. But I was there to make the business run and it took more than 6 months then covid came. The customs gave me authorisation to leave the country without it, but took my V5, the reg and keys so my family members donā€™t use it. So itā€™s parked in my garage and once per week it goes out to the drive to run so the battery doesnā€™t die, pretty expensive to replace.

The reason I want to sell it in France because 1- I will get more money for it in France and 2- saves me from another Ā£300 travel expenses to Edinburgh.

All paperwork with car is fine, the car is also fine, I can tell the buyer all the things that were changed in it, It also comes with an advanced mercedes diagnostic tool which can show all faults if any, I used it for previous MOT to check and repair any diagnostic faults (such as rear lamp connectionā€¦stupid electronic stuff that will fail the MOT). I also changed the turbo Actuator with the new one.

to answer your third question: I havenā€™t promoted my UK business, but I promoted my Algerian business so thats two different things. Did you check the instagram?

The reason I came here first time (google search to sell a car in France) blame google for it, hahah. But I am glad I ended up here and itā€™s great to find Brits who are happy to share their experiences and discuss french laws. In fact this is the best place to discuss this before I even bother to try and sell it and realise all the problems.

How about you? are you happy to speak about yourself in public and tell us what you do as a job and what you do in France? You never know we might become friends and visit you on the way up? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I am serious thoughā€¦ provided you live on my way from Marseille to Calais, I would come and visit you and tell you about everything you want to know, you never know, life works in mysterious ways.

Nice talking to you Mark
Take care
Foudil

1 Like

Thank you for providing such a comprehensive reply. I am sure it will more than reassure any serious potential buyers. :wink:
SF ā€˜HQā€™ is definitely not on your route but if you are ever passing through Dax, do drop in. The kettle is always on!
Best wishes,
Cat and James

Ps Iā€™m off to buy some rose water nowā€¦ :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Cat, is Dax the place with the cathedral with the original doors and arch and the rest of the newer cathedral built around about it, Iā€™m sure we visited many moons ago and that has stuck with me.

Fair enough.

Prices for a LHD, french registered ML like yours are, in fact, very close to your asking price & a buyer would not have to add up to 30% import duty & VAT either. Next year (if you have not sold it by then) a buyer will have to add a further 3850ā‚¬. So a buyer in France, in 2022, could pay an extra 6325 euros on top of your current asking price & not have a LHD car.
On Leboncoin a similar car can be had for much less & not include the hassle of import-

I am a garagiste which is different to a motor trader in France so am only permitted to sell a few cars per year but I do act as an agent for others. This has given me some knowledge over the years & I have come across all kinds of issues involving paperwork issues, payment problems & outright scams so tend to look at things like this from all angles.
It can be very difficult to spot genuine sellers amongst the multitude of scammers & Iā€™m sorry that your advert tripped my ā€œspidy sensesā€.
I suggest you have a serious rethink & do more research on this.