More Brexshit administrative merde

If you use La poste digital ID to access various gouv.fr sites you will now need a valid CDS to do so - see below. I can see this being a real PITA for people who are still waiting to apply…

D’ici 2021, vous ne pourrez plus utiliser votre Identité Numérique actuelle : vous devrez disposer de cette nouvelle version pour continuer à vous connecter.

Quels sont les critères d’éligibilité de cette nouvelle version ?
1. Etre majeur
2. Posséder une pièce d’identité française ou un titre de séjour d’une durée de validité supérieure ou égal à 5 ans en cours de validité
3. Résider en France
4. Posséder un smartphone et avoir un numéro de téléphone français

Or who have a less than 5 year CdS/TdS if I’m reading that French correctly.

Dunno why only Majors can use it - don’t the other ranks count? :wink:

1 Like

At least allow all commissioned officers to do it - that way keeping out the squaddies!

2 Likes

I’ve recently claimed my French State Pension and was asked for my CdS, so it’s cropping up all over!

I use my Impots userid to login to various gouv.fr sites. Works well.

2 Likes

Not sure what it has to do with Brexit, It seems they are just tightening up security.
The decision not to issue CDS was one made by the French prefectures.

1 Like

…because Brits are no longer europeans (because of Brexit :wink: )

1 Like

I imagine Grahame rubbing his hands with glee and saying “I told you so”. :rofl: :wink:
Not you @graham of course, the other Grahame x
Izzy x

I am trying to imagine @anon65742194 confining his message to four succinct words, and without his trademark addendum in bold about saving the planet. Try as I may, my imagination fails and my will to live is ratcheted down another notch :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Peter, Izzy,

Why be so gratuitously offensive.

I have no wish to “rub my hands with glee” the facts are the facts and they are indisputable.

Some people, myself included, are just trying to warn people of the “Brexshit administrative merde” that is piling on as the EU and the 27 member states failed to get to grips with Brexit.

Check out what British In Europe have to say and what they and others are proposing to do to hold the EU and the member states to account.

Grahame Pigney

P Help save paper - please don’t print this email unless you really need to.
P Sauvegardons la planète. Avez-vous vraiment besoin d’imprimer cet e-mail?

@Peter_Goble and @anon65742194

Peter - please remove your comment which includes the phrase ‘hectoring tone’ - it is way too personal to be acceptable.

Grahame - please remove your last comment to Peter.

And - if you don’t do so and don’t stop bitching at each other, y

1 Like

Catherine, more than happy to remove my comment.

I hope that offensive comments such as those from Peter and Izzy will be policed and removed.

I believe this is supposed to be a forum where people share information and experience. Some of the comments from Peter, Izzy and Grahame rather belie that.

Catherine,

My comment has been removed.

Grahame Pigney

1 Like

I’ve deleted the word that offended you, Grahame. I won’t make any more references to your campaign again, seeing how much importance it holds for you.

Still doesn’t have a connection to this change of security for La Poste digital id. Some of us don’t have a CDS because the French decided we did not need one, not because the UK voted for Brexit.

1 Like

France was issuing CDS until prefectures became overwhelmed post the Brexit vote. I don’t think you can blame your host country for this one!!

3 Likes

Peter,

It is not just important for me, in fact it affects me very little as we are established here in France for 20 plus years and are fully integrated into the tax and social security system. We also have no desire to move to another EU27 member state.

Unfortunately there are many people across the EU27 members states who are not in that position. They are having their livelihoods and fundamental rights compromised and ignored.

If you don’t believe me check what British In Europe and others have to say and what they are planning to do to protect the rights of UK citizens living in EU27 member states.

Some of us campaigners are not doing this because of selfish self-interest but because we believe that those of us who can fight for UK citizens’ rights have an obligation to do so to help those who aren’t able to fight for their own rights. That is why I went to the UK High Court & Supreme Court (and won).

Grahame Pigney

I applaud your citizenship campaign, and would never belittle your very worthy efforts over recognition of citizenship rights and entitlements that have been so grievously usurped.

My only bellyache was the paper-saving thing, but I accept your firm allegiance to the cause and that I shall not persuade you to change your mind over the advertisement of it, and why should you after all?

Best wishes in your various enterprises, @Grahame, and à fair wind to the issues that exercise you.

Peter

1 Like

It’s the requirement to have a smartphone that annoys me. Not all of us have one. I get by very well with a ‘non smart’ mobile phone and a laptop and therefore have no need for a smartphone.

Doesn’t impact me personally as I use my Ameli.fr log in to get to the government websites.

1 Like