More Brexshit administrative merde

It’s everywhere Robert. I think there’s new legislation making companies more accountable for fraud on their sites. So rather than fix the problem. two phase authentication was introduced. Just as GDPR was introduced in a cheap and not so cheerful way, the problem was “outsourced” to the end user. Some companies, for example HSBC, introduced voice recognition to minimise customer inconvenience.

I still don’t see the need for a smartphone though. My bank sends a text message to my non smart mobile which I then input onto the laptop screen for the two stage verification. Come to think of it, I don’t see the need for it to be a French phone number either. Text messages can be sent to international phone numbers.

True Robert, but some companies, MS for example, are introducing apps that you need to use to authenticate.

Well I suppose it’s the way of the modern world John.
Probably won’t be too long before being a ‘Smartphone Loss and Breakage Counselor’ will be an area of considerable employment growth.

There are surely several different ways of accessing the French government sites … without needing smartphone…

or have I missed something… :upside_down_face: :wink:

I have a bog standard “stone-age” mobile… which comes in handy when I want to check my Medical Dossier… but that’s all…

If the UK reneges on the Withdrawal Agreement, what’s to stop any EU country changing its ‘interpretation’ of residency etc rights we thought were secured by it?

Threatening the EU with 5 weeks to accept Doris’ terms will just strengthen the resolve of the EU not to give in :roll_eyes:
And what message will it convey to other countries with whom the UK wishes to negotiate a trade deal? Britannia waves the rules again.
Such «agreements» won’t be worth the paper they are written on :roll_of_toilet_paper:

1 Like

I wonder if it could/would be challenged in the UK courts?
I seem to remember other international treaty commitments being upheld over subsequent government decisions - eg. Paris climate change commitments.

Although it is possible to amend an international treaty like the WA it is not easy. And France has been consistent about their position re us. I would suggest we try not to be influenced by Project Fear.

I would be much, much more worried were I in Northern Ireland, as this all suggests the UK (huh!) governement’s intentions are seriously dishonourable which could threaten the peace process.

1 Like

first there was «failing Grayling» now there is «useless Eustice» :grin:

1 Like

John,

It roughly translates as “kiss my ass” as anybody with a reasonable knowledge of French argot would know.

Grahame Pigney

P Help save paper - please don’t print this email unless you really need to.
P Sauvegardons la planète. Avez-vous vraiment besoin d’imprimer cet e-mail?

John,

As well as the milder, but nonetheless very offensive “kiss my ass” translation of “va te faire foutre”, it also means, depending on the intention of the speaker, “go F… yourself” but I suspect you already knew this.

Grahame Pigney

P Help save paper - please don’t print this email unless you really need to.
P Sauvegardons la planète. Avez-vous vraiment besoin d’imprimer cet e-mail?

@John_Scully

It certainly doesn’t, it is much offensive. It literally means go and get f*cked.
Very offensive :pensive:

4 Likes

Is it unlikely I would use that phrase in polite society?

Another U-turn by any other name after Doris’ threats to the EU negotiators :roll_eyes:
“As a responsible government, we are considering fallback options in the event this is not achieved, to ensure the communities of Northern Ireland are protected,”
Don’t make me larf…
His minders must be wetting themselves trying to keep him from compromising the UK further…

James,

how was my post inappropraite or offensive?

I deemed it so

1 Like