Music to lighten the mood - please add your own choices

2 Likes
1 Like

Larry Carlton - “Is A Groove Thang”.

Keith Jarrett, Jack DeJohnette, Gary Peacock - Standards 1 & 2.

Sublime

Anything by the various ensembles that go under the name of ‘The Buena Vista Social Club’
and the solo albums by the musicians - Ruben Gonzales on piano for example

and the singer, Omara Portuondo.

It’s all wonderful good-time music.

Just want to say thanks to everyone who’s putting music on here…
certainly brightens/lightens the mood, checking it all out…

1 Like

Amazing grace was one of my Scottish gran’s favourites…my sister and I learned the words when we were really little and then would sing it for her…it still brings tears to my eyes thinking of her…she only ever met and held my first born as a baby and died peacefully on Boxing Day at my mum and dads while visiting for Christmas…then my second born was born unexpectedly a month early at my mum and dads house on Mother’s Day on the same bed my gran died on while I was delivering flowers to my mum…my mum and dad delivered her and as she was born in her caul my mum had to break the caul with her teeth…(midwives and ambulance who had already been called 10 minutes earlier arrived a few minutes later) my second daughter shared the same birth sign as my gran and for a few hours after she was born early had exactly the same mannerisms x

:sunglasses: it’s nice and comforting to have such memories.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Probably the best Groundhogs album.

Tuva has an awesome voice, well suited to standing in for Freddie

But I still think the original is the best.

Brian also sings on the Queen version - it would have been beyond stellar if they had got him to guest on guitar in the Danish National Orchestra’s arrangement - I wonder if it was a question of “didn’t ask” or “asked and Brian said no”?

1 Like

I still get tingling up my spine when I hear this, even after all this time :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like
3 Likes
2 Likes

One for the older Pluckers

“Heave ho all together…never shall we die….”

1 Like