Music to lighten the mood - please add your own choices

‘I was thinking of Charles Fleischer’

I though you were referring to Fletcher’s (flawed) paradox about the passage of time!

1 Like

Still got the voice :blush:

1 Like

Was looking for a version of Bette Davis Eyes and found this dance version. First dancer so entertainingly camp!

Never liked high heels but accept that women do!

Something completely different.

Yep! What’s up? What’s going on? One billion views!

1 Like

News article with a trailer, but very poignant

1 Like

Not great quality

1 Like

In the middle of winter in woolly hats, scarves and coats, keeping warm, the Danes obviously like drumming.

1 Like

Loved the film…Jungle Book. Haunting musical intro.

I always associate this song with the tale of Christian The Lion….

Christian The Lion…

Sung by Whitney Houston.

1 Like

This is music from another time - the images are so constructed, and Phil Spector was such a s sh1t, but it’s still a great record, that’s much more than a just time capsule. The end credits mention that the Ronettes were inaugurated into the Hall of Fame over thirty years later by … Keith Richards!

Ignore the unavailable message, just click the Play icon…

I was in Rio for carnival in 1975 and in those days you could just wander up to the samba schools as they were lining up and preparing to parade - thousands of dancers, hundreds of drummers as they set up for the batucada. The noise of the drums was thrilling and deafening and it became something totally visceral. The sound just went right through my body - fabulous.

1 Like

If I could come back and live another life, or several, I’d love to come back as self-taught Katherine Cordova, just to experience playing this one piano piece! Love those bass notes.

2 Likes

A rather majestic power play version of Edith Piaf’s – Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien.

Having tracked down “Kodachrome” (not one of his best!) for my black and white printing thread, I realise I hadn’t listened to Rhymin’ Simon for nigh on 40 years! And listening again now, I’d forgotten this one - not one for lightening the mood, but so appropriate for these times.

2 Likes
1 Like