My best friend - le bon coin

Paula, my Dad insisted on planting some when he came to see us here in the Aveyron, my father in law (a local farmer) looked on in complete disbelief!

Sheila, I'll settle for the loto numbers ;-)

Now if only said new crystal ball could tell the weather for tomorrow or the Lotto numbers!

I gotta feeling your crystal ball is spot on Barbara!

Gosh it is hot ...too hot for gardening but it has to be done.

Looking forward to seeing runner beans in Dordogne.

My new crystal ball tells me that they will happen next year.

Thanks Paula ;-)

Andrew, sending positive thoughts to you and yours.It will happen.

Nick and June, I'd try firefox or another browser, I've never had a problem posting adds with it, I hope that sorts the problem out ;-)

Thanks so much Jane, keep your fingers crossed ;-)

Thanks Donna, I hope everything is working out for you too ;-)

Thanks Barbara, have been out in this heat with the brush cutter doing the rounds - I now regret having sold my tractor and cutter a couple of weeks ago...!

My neighbours/friends next door have been trying to sell ever since we arrived almost 5

years ago. They have a nice property but not without complications.

They will be going off to the city as they hoped....It looks like the house has found a

perfect match.

So....the property market is still alive...

It will happen for Andrew too...

I am certain.Just bought my crystal ball from a new company in London.

Nick, AS I said in a previous post, we have had the same issue with putting a car on the site. Are you a Mac user using Safari? It has been suggested I try Firefox, but have not done so yet. My OH spent a few hours swearing at the site so a break was required!

Hi; after seeing Andrew's previous reommendations for Le Bon Coin, I've tried three times to put my house on le Bon Coin. After completing all the fields correctly and attaching the photos it just won't send the damn thing to Le Bon Coin. I've tried complaining but they just say "sorry keep trying" !!! Any body else had problems but ovewrcome them - if so how ?

Doesn't it make you want to spit!!!

I really feel for you and the family and wish you all the luck in the world that you get a sale from one of your viewings.

"Like"!!!!

It will all work out well for you, I'm sure. You have so much positive karma from helping others, that the resolution is right around the corner.

Thanks once again Johnny, bon dimanche ;-)

Hi Ian, I take heart from your story, we gave our buyer the time to find another mortgage after her first refusal 6 weeks ago, but in our case it didn't work! We've used our contacts and friends to try and help and she's going to one more tomorrow morning but there's no real hope, she knows it and so do we which is why it's gone back on the market. I've twice collected the deposit on a small place I eventually sold just down the road from where we live now, each time it was a "disaster" and stopped other plans net, but it all worked out in the end. I had another place which I signed 5 compromis de vente for before it eventually sold, having said that I still have a charge over it as the person was paying in installements, they stopped paying a year or so ago and now it's over to the hussiers but it'll take years to get the money. fortunately it was a "ruin" so doesn't matter too much except that I could really do with the cash now! House sales eh!

Bon dimanche ;-)

You are recovering well from a bike accident that could have been far far worse. You're doing so with an incredibly positive attitude. You'll get there Andrew. No doubt.

Our house sale story was in Scotland a few years ago. We'd sold, signed to buy, and there was a chain of people with sales and purchases. Then our buyer turned up a week before with an unusual story.

His wife, who was younger than him by (I'm guessing) 15 years, had a daughter by a previous marriage. Her ex husband had visiting rights, but her daughter said that he had been doing inappropriate stuff. There was a court case about to happen related to this, to try to make sure the ex couldn't see his daughter any longer. But her mother was scared that it wouldn't work, that the father would be able to see his daughter again and behave despicably. She couldn't bear it, to the extent that she did a runner. She cleaned out the joint account she had with her new husband and fled overseas while he was travelling on business for a week. Horrible situation for him. But to his credit, he came and explained to us, said he still wanted the house, but that it might take him a week or two to sort of the loan. He had no idea where his wife was, but her dad knew and wouldn't say. His attitude was he would buy the house for them as planned, and once the dust had settled they would be OK. Oh, and he was also pissed off at HIS lawyer who had alerted the bank and therefore screwed his chances of signing for the original loan. Maybe he'd have not got it in any case if she wasn't there to sign, but still they did that without his approval.

We had to get a bridging loan from the Clydesdale Bank. Customers for 15 years already, they charged us a hefty interest rate plus 500 pounds to arrange the loan for a week. As soon as I could after that I closed the account. A shower of... things that rhyme with punts. But anyway, we took the hit for the bridging loan, didn't try to chase the guy because we thought he was being so decent already and it wasn't his fault. That let the chain complete, and sure enough he bought the house a week later than planned.

Sometimes there's stress and nonsense. Sometimes it goes horribly wrong. But in the grand scheme of things, we are very lucky.

Cheers Johnny, my kids love the music, I'm not so sure myself, and yes Brian, it's obviously a fizzy lemonade night...! Thanks guys ;-)