Naff or what, or was it the thing to do?

This is where sending a private message works.The poster can be told that their post is… not PC or acceptable nowadays, a bit pervy, not factually correct, too this… too that or whatever without embarassing them.

Yes I know, I have been around forums on various subjects a long time

Me too, but for those that haven’t, the PM function needs to be better advertised and used to it’s advantage.

1 Like

No problem Dan (and Mrs Wood),

I’ve no idea how to remove a post so maybe James or whoever can do this for me if they feel it is ‘inappropriate’.

The subject matter is actually concerns days when hot pants and mini skirts were commonplace so I hardly feel giving my thoughts at that time are inappropriate but i’ll go with the flow if it offends.

Does this mean we shouldn’t talk about ladies or mens fashion and our opinions in case it is PC incorrect nowadays ? I spoke also about flaired trousers and platform shoes etc which in some cases looked silly (imo) with some male teenagers and adults so is this sexist or inappropriate ?

Hi Peter,
If you click on the 3 dots bottom of your post, here (see arrow) and then on the dustbin icon at the end, your post will be deleted. ( The pencil icon is to edit only)

Aha, thanks Tracey, isn’t education wonderful ?

1 Like

I think we’ve been here before! :wink: lol

Reckon so…

Problem is i’m pretty thick so i’ve loads to learn !!

So not true…
x

1 Like

Our daughters had lava lamps probably about 10 years ago! They’re cool :sunglasses:

2 Likes

They did have a revival in the uk

@Peter_Bird laments…“Problem is i’m pretty thick so i’ve loads to learn !!”

You and me both, Peter. I’m still licking my very-much-self-inflicted wounds from earlier in the football season. No-one should bother to investigate further, once bitten twice shy! :face_with_head_bandage::roll_eyes::scream::slightly_frowning_face::confounded::zipper_mouth_face:

Mine too, oooooooo the fascination :grin:

1 Like

Flares and platforms (many a turned ankle) My boyfriend (now husband) had a eight track in his car, I loved it!

3 Likes

Brilliant Lily,

How often did the 8 track eat the tapes ?

1 Like

Not once Peter :pray: and I really put tested it by often flicking through to favoured songs, such quality sound of the time :notes:

1 Like

I think all those old cars had character…I adored my first mini…loved my imp…then had a hillman minx and later a beetle…

When my kids came along I had a Ford Fiesta which was totally impractical plus a transit van for work…

Several Volvos later I would still rate Volvo for reliability and safety…then I had an Isuzu trooper…several ex army land rovers…a ford mondeo and an old Audi…

All these years later and now driving a French Renault Laguna which is undoubtedly fabulous and bought from and looked after by my local garagiste …my all time top favourite car has to be a Mini…:grinning:

6 Likes

I used to drive my mother’s mini before she eventually passed her test.

My first car was a Riley Elf.

1 Like

My first 2 cars were minis, burgundy and metallic blue. You know the ones that had tin foil on the grill in winter to keep the rain out otherwise it wouldn’t start, how ever much you pulled the choke out!
Mum wrote off my first mini but that’s another story! …:open_book:

1 Like

Bit of a struggle reading your book, very small print, but when I got into it…phew, what a hottie! Up there with Fifty Shades Of Banana Yellow! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes