Naff or what, or was it the thing to do?

My frst machine was a willow green Mini Van with 848cc of throbbing power waiting to be unleashed. Npo back ledge for a noddy dog unfortunately but I did have for my second car a an Escourt Mk 2 which was a very sickly yellow colour.

Did anyone admit to having their names on the windscreen like - “Paul” or whatever on the drivers side and “Mandy” or whatever on the passengers side ? Rather sexist at the time assumng the blokes did the driving.
Did anyone have a Wynns sticker on the side of their car ?

1 Like

I’d forgotten the names on windscreens
(for good measure I’ve thrown in the dice too.) :game_die::game_die:

I had a Durex Lola sticker on my first mini…always a safe driver! :wink:

1 Like

Yes, and very easy to park too. :flushed:

I have dice with the england flag dangling in my white van, totally naff and proud of them.

Did/does anyone have an anti-static strip hanging from the rear of the car and do they work ?

And did anyone have one of those pretend arms hanging out of the boot ?

Peter i am not offended by the post. In fact brought back memories. If the pc patrol are on duty then if you take afence then take the bloody gate as well. I see no reason what so ever to remove it. Just goes to show how small minded folks are these days. Trying to be something they arent.

1 Like

200% tact as usual Roger :grinning:
Though I agree that removing the post will change nothing that happened 40 years ago…after all, “girls with fat legs” is hardly “holocaust denial” in terms of cause for offence.

4 Likes

I’m quite miffed, since I obviously missed something seismic… to do with hotpants and minis… ??? :zipper_mouth_face:

Mini skirts passed me by, as I hated my knees in those days …

Then I went completely barmy and bought a smashing hotpants costume… (well, I liked it and so did my OH)… it was vaguely based on a sailor’s outfit which meant my Dad approved as well… :hugs:

1 Like

Leave it Peter, there is nothing wrong with commenting about a memory of real life 40 years ago. I truly despair sometimes. And I would not believe anyone who denied doing a bit of ogling in their youth.

3 Likes

I ogled… in my youth… and, sometimes, even now… :rofl::relaxed::hugs:

4 Likes

Good for you Stella, glad some of us are still human and not turning into robots! Happy ogling.

1 Like

Jeez i still ogle a good looking lassie, and when they have a splendid undercarriage to go with it, well now. Those that are claiming to be disgusted are nothing but hypocrites. Do as i say not as i do is their motto.

Back on track…Is it just me, when reading that Linky meter thread I keep thinking “Slinky”
PS if you didn’t before, you will now!! :laughing:

Summary

Halifax | That New Home Feeling - YouTube

PS…Peter’s ogling post is still there…:arrow_up:

I’ve not got a problem with it either. But the fat and going blind one got withdrawn.

1 Like

Hooray - Let’s bring back Benny Hill, Miss World, Page 3 in the Sun, so we can all have a good old ogle and almost go blind with mastubatory fantasies - For gods sake it’s all good clean fun surely - No objectivation of women here. No wonder I’m so out of touch in my pathetic PC world where l believe some level of respect for women might be called for.

Please Peter re-post the whole text so my comments can be judged in context.

1 Like

This is not the offending post Tracey - hopefully Peter will repost it, especially the bit about his eyesight

2 Likes

Just edited mine to be clearer x

1 Like

Yes the new one made me look sensitive too

2 Likes

Late 70’s, “sport for all” seemed to be a favourite car window sticker - couple of outline people doing sporty things. I just had to go one better and get one that said “sex for all” :japanese_ogre::japanese_ogre::grin:

3 Likes

Don’t suppose you took a photo? :rofl: