Neighbours Barn Obstructs view of Church

Our house is the one to right of the yellow one.

If it was there before you bought and it is legally built with proper permissions I cannot see bar paying them to take it down, how you can force anyone to remove it, surely it could be viewed from other angles in the village.

3 Likes

I just want to know the law. Who allowed it etc. They are in it together here. Makes me sick.

Ask at the mairie about permissions, if the previous owner was happy with the building getting built then itā€™s buyer beware.

Have askedā€¦ dismissive etc. Lots of skels in cupboards here I reckon.

Thanks all for not being too hard on me, I know I have asked for this.

We already spent 30k on a new kitchen and bathroom, the kitchen was moved to a downstairs bedroom, lot of plumbing needed there also the bathroom became an Italian shower rather than the small bath that was there. Itā€™s a nice little place now. And the view!

Maybe. I hope it does the biz for you.

I recall the son of my parentsā€™ over-the-road neighbours in Richmond, Yorkshire, putting their house on sale after the two old folks had died. It was advertised as having ā€˜The finest view in Englandā€™. And the view from the house was indeed stunning, looking down a steep escarpment to the river Swale, over the lovely Georgian town with the Norman castle keep - 1071 - and the Yorkshire Dales surrounding all.

This photo, from the Richmond tourist office, is only the centre section of what, in real life from the sitting room, is a wonderful 180 degree panorama.

The premium on the price on account of the view did not work. It obviously helped get a sale but in the end the buyers bought the property for what the house itself offered them.

That is nice at 58 now I looking for a place to retire while still working from home, prefably France. Itā€™s just so agreable here once you learn itā€™s ways. I have seen houses for 50k here I could retire in.

My French wife is so stubborn. She has more money than me so the leash is long :slight_smile:

David

Christopher I miss home as well. If I outlive Nathalie I will go home I guess.

Can you buy the barn?

:slight_smile: you know all I need to do is make peace and be far more clever.

I think they already know they are in the wrong.

They use for nothing but park stuff.

I need to just play my cards right.

David

Now you are confusing me. If you have lovely views in other directions then enjoy those and make that end of your garden a wonderful trellis entwined with climbing and rambling roses, clematis, jasmine, honeysuckle. Youā€™ll barely notice the barn. Not least it will add interest and hide that rather plain back wall.
Even Paradise had a snake. Every place has some shortcomings. And you have invested not just money but effort and energy in this house. Perhaps itā€™s time to notice what you love about it.
Your phrase ā€œit makes me sickā€ - take care you do not make yourself ill by obsessing about what you are unlikely to be able change.

1 Like

btw the walls he told me they are his etc.

The Marie gave me the info that they are not his but joint with me, so this guy will lie at a moments notice, this is proven by the fence he put up on his part of the wall. Guy is a class A DH. Yesterday he planted some bamboo trees lol. because he does not like me looking out of my window onto his property, well excuse me eh for looking out of my window. You have to laugh.

I am just passing through.

It is just an obstacle that I pass in life.

These people live and die here, learn nothing other than how to continue family fueds. Then they go to the grave. Even Jesus could not reason with them.

You should have been given a plan of your boundaries when you bought surely, it isnā€™t hard to check on the link below or get someone in to check exactly for you for sure.

https://www.cadastre.gouv.fr/scpc/accueil.do

Yes I have the boundries. NOW. Think we paid 9k for the notaire?

What is done is done anyway. Now I just want to look back at the law.

David