New declaration required for property owners

that’s what I’ve been thinking… just nice to have someone confirm… cheers.

I don’t think they’re trying to avoid paying… they just don’t want to be told years down the line that they needn’t have done so…

(EDIT: currently, both properties are marked as Residence Principale on the Fr Impots site…)

Blimey - I didn’t realise the SF gite market was so competitive… :no_mouth:

I like the look of your gite @janejones :slight_smile:

I’m reminded of how I almost went for the lease on a hotel - a 12 bedroom bishops palace in Drome Provence with an enormous 40 foot high grand hall with 8 foot fireplace, a class 4 spirits license and all the kitchen equipment - the lease went at auction for 18K. Annual rent 12K. Water 100 euro / year.

One day when I pluck up courage I’ll tell the story - probably under ‘memories of France’?

3 Likes

This comes back to what I said further up. I know there’s still a few months until the deadline but so far it seems very poorly explained. I know the tax people are very accommodating to questions, either in person or via the online space, but do they really want tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, or even millions of people contacting them with every question about every intricacy of this because the central tax organisation appears to have either not thought about all the ins and outs that people have, or if they have thought of all this seem to have (so far) communicated it very poorly. If they’re going to get some sort of information campaign going they need to do it very quickly.

2 Likes

I think one of the issues is that some of us are fortunate to live on large plots with several outbuildings that seemingly are not well classified on the site (I haven’t dared look yet)

So we have (for example)

• our main house
  • our cottage/gite
  • a thing that used to be a cow shed that is falling down that we call the “abri” and we store summer furniture etc in
  • a woodstore
  • what used to be a tobacco drying shed - fortunately that is no more these days than a footprint
  • a pool house

Look around our rural commune and most places, even village bungalows, have something very similar in terms of an assortment of outhouses. This was the centre of Europe’s tobacco industry and many places have at least one and sometimes two drying barns.

2 Likes

My henhouse is my children’s old Wendy house, I wonder if it gets a category :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Morning All

Am I right in assuming this only applies to properties in France ?

Yes it does. Presume includes the DOMs as well.

Be careful Vero - it will probably be classed as ‘minuscule maison secondaire’ or similar :rofl:

2 Likes

Our pool house which is basically a barn open at one end, and our abris du jardin where we store wood and the mower, are both described as a “remise”. I’m happy with that.

2 Likes

Thanks Fleur

1 Like

I’m attempting to complete the ‘new property declaration form’ by changing the description of my house. On ‘Votre Espace Particulier’ all information about what I own is already there, but I want to make some changes.

And I’m starting by changing the description of my house as having 6 rooms. It has 5 rooms, and it is that which I’m attempting to edit.

When I finish my secure message regarding ‘J’ai une question sur le descriptive de mon immobililier’ under ‘Création d’une demande’, I click on ‘valider’ but I keep getting a message that I haven’t answered all questions marked with a red asterisk, but I have, and don’t seem to be able to proceed any further. There are no questions left with a red asterisk.

Any ideas?

There are different definitions of what counts as a room, so check first that you are using the same definition as they are using for these purposes. I seem to remember that you can click on something somewhere and it explains what counts as a room. Ours is classed on the tax site as having more rooms than an estate agent would describe it as having, but that appears to be correct according to their definition.

I sent a message about mine but I am afraid I cannot remember the process. Is the email address field filled in for instance? In any case I have not yet had a reply and I sent the message weeks ago so it did not do much good.

Thanks. The room definitions aren’t a problem. I had 6 rooms in my house and later combined 2 small bedrooms into one, making 5 rooms overall.

It’s the process of sending the secure message on the impot.gouv.fr website that seems to be a problem. Maybe there are tick boxes on the preceding pages I need to look at. If I don’t get anywhere, I’ll go into town and sit down with someone to sort it out.

It’s not urgent but it is mandatory to either agree with what’s already on the website about your property or make any necessary changes, for which there are fines for wrong information.

Deadline not until end of June though.

I like leaving these things to the last minute like 1000’s of others then crashing the website.:joy:

In this country you could knock at least one, if not two, zeros off that to crash a site with how stable a lot of the online platforms are :roll_eyes: Credit where it’s due the brexit CDS site worked incredibly well but it was still a rare bright spot on the french internet landscape.

3 Likes

Apologies in advance if this has been covered in all the 216 posts in this thread but I have largely ignored it due to the fact that I hadn’t received any official notification until today and what I had read of the thread much of it was about maison secondaires and gite businesses. Neither of which concern me.

I have followed the links in the email this morning but can’t see anything that I am required to do.

So, one simple question. I live in the same house with all the same details that I have always done for the last 23 years and the details of this house are unchanged in any way from what I see in the official description.

So what if anything am I required to do now?

This should help

11 questions answered on France’s mandatory new form for homeowners (connexionfrance.com)

Out of interest what sort of ‘Official Notification’ did you receive today?

The article is behind a paywall…

Try this link.

1 Like