New declaration required for property owners

Done.

2 Likes

I’ve also had a look round to see what it was about and think even if you are a non resisdent, you still must inform the powers that be about any property owned in France (A second home)
If you already have a tax account i think, then you are able to just go online to register this and if you are not a resident (like myself) then I will have to find the said form, complete /signed and send to the place where you register.
I was informed that when I move back to my home in France, then I will again have to let them know my circumstances have changed. Hopefully it will not complicate my life any… lol

Been looking at the Cadastral website and it is strange our swimming pool does not show, although a friends pool does. The pool was in place when we bought the house and was fully declared and approved.

However the pool does come up on the declaration on the impôt site. We have just had a thought, we also have a small pool house so that is the probably what they are talking about as the 12m2 Remise not our wooden garden shed. We still do not know why both the pool and pool house have a comfort level of 5.

So a message has been composed to the Impôt let’s see what they have to say.

Finally we have just looked at a friends declaration and they have five Remise ( their house is an old farm, as is ours) they all have a comfort level of 4 and one is and open hanger another a barn that collapsed last year. Our barn which is attached to the house does not show at all.

I get the impression that the impôt have not thought this out very well at all.

Nick

@Kazza1 You can definitely obtain a tax account even as a non resident. We did exactly that when non resident (eg for dealing with taxe d’habitation etc) - all it took was an email to our nearest tax office. It certainly made it far easier (from overseas) to manage the logistics of the timing of payments on account, and receiving demands on a timely basis etc.

1 Like

Thanks George, we must have one as well then. I must admit to a bit of trepidation with any french form.

It has. When I went to the tax office in 21 to declare for 2020 the lady was pleased to see that we have a NF already. As owners we are in the system and since we pay impôts on our house we also have a Tax number.

1 Like

I totally get that! I’m the same. A feeling of slight dread descends on me whenever I get sent an official French form to complete. There are several YouTube videos that explain in English what is involved in obtaining a numéro fiscal,but having now seen them, I think they over complicate matters.

This is the guidance I’d recommend.

In essence they really only want basic details from you, plus the inevitable justificatif. All was done quickly online, then an email follow up to/from a real impôts person! Good luck.

I initially read through this thread when it popped up, waited for any correspondance asking me to duly fill in additional forms, and haven’t received a thing. Absolutely no information requests whatsoever​:thinking::thinking: is this a national ‘thing’, or local, as I’m a tad puzzled when reading about everyone’s updates and questions???

1 Like

@George1 if you have the original source for that reference it would be useful. I’d like to add it to my usual “Declare on line Tax guide” for 2023.
Thanks.

1 Like
2 Likes

The deadline is not unil June I think. No doubt you will be informed in due course. The annual tax exercise comes first, I imagine that is the fisc’s priority at the moment.

1 Like

I have now realised that having paid Tax Foncier yearly, then I must also have some form of tax account. Or could be mistaken. Please excuse my ignorance in the matter. Brain gets frazzled with so much information to take in.

My sentiments exactly, totally mystified as to what it’s all about I came to the conclusion that it was only if you had made changes, but now @Sandcastle I saw this:

The deadline is not unil June I think. No doubt you will be informed in due course. The annual tax exercise comes first, I imagine that is the fisc’s priority at the moment.

and breathed a sigh of relief. :smiley:

I don’t have an impôts online account because I have always preferred a paper return so not doing anything yet. If you think about it, there are elderly folks and handicapped folks who do not have internet access so will have no idea about this until notified by letter locally. I asked my neighbour if he knew, Non he replied, what is this? and the family did not know about it either nor the inlaws.

I’ve searched (online!) to see what is recommended (in terms of making this new declaration) if you don’t have a tax account/espace particulier. I can’t find - so far- anything that suggests you can do this without an online declaration.

However I would be very happy to stand corrected if others can locate a means of declaring without going online. My instinct is that if you haven’t got an account, do create/open one, it’s not difficult, honestly (regardless of whether or not you usually file income tax returns on paper, the accounts are quite easy to use). Then hopefully the new property declarations to complete will be visible.

I absolutely accept that all those who don’t have internet access/are uncomfortable with online filing etc should reasonably expect a more user friendly method. Hopefully there is such a method available/soon to be made available.

I imagine some time later in the year those who have not updated their details will be sent a letter, otherwise it operates on French principle that it’s up to you to inform yourself and follow the rules.

À savoir

En cas de non-déclaration, d’erreur, d’omission ou de déclaration incomplète, une amende d’un montant forfaitaire de 150 € par local pourra être appliquée.

À noter

En cas de question ou de difficulté pour effectuer la déclaration, vous pouvez contacter :

• le numéro d’assistance des usagers particuliers au [0 809 401 401](tel:0 809 401 401) (numéro non surtaxé) ;
  • le service des impôts, via la messagerie sécurisée, (choisissez le formulaire « J’ai une question sur le service Biens immobiliers » ou via les coordonnées figurant dans la rubrique « Contact et RDV ».

Someone asked about the 1 to 8 description of the property, I found this: (edit, I think it was Susannah)

8 catégories
Le tableau de bord de cette rubrique « Biens immobiliers » permet pour l’instant de consulter le détail de chaque bien avec toutes les informations dont dispose l’administration fiscale (adresse, numéro fiscal, lot de copropriété, surface…). Un menu « Catégorie » accompagne la description de chaque lot et de ses dépendances. Cette catégorie est renseignée par un chiffre compris entre 1 et 8 dont voici un résumé du classement :
• 1 : “Nettement somptueux”
• 2 : “Particulièrement soigné”
• 3 : “Belle apparence” et qualité de la construction “Très bonne”
• 4 : “Belle apparence” et qualité de la construction “Bonne”
• 5 : “Sans caractère particulier” et qualité de la construction “Bonne”
• 6 : “Sans caractère particulier” et qualité de la construction “Courante”
• 7 : “Sans caractère particulier” et qualité de la construction “Médiocre”
• 8 : “Aspect délabré” et qualité de la construction “Particulièrement défectueuse”

1 Like

Thanks Amanda and welcome. I think category 8 describes our place pretty accurately. :grin:

Thanks Sue,
I’m usually a reader rather than a poster :grinning:
Our place is a 6 apparently but probably 8 would be more appropriate.

1 Like

Interestingly, ours has “character” - it is after all over 300 years old - but one can hardly call the quality of our construction “bonne” - And I think we’ll now keep it scruffy - broken floor tiles all along veranda, concrete steps up to what one day will be front door beginning to crumble, garage doors badly in need of treatment, etc, etc - this is all beginning to sound an excellent idea! :grin: