New Passport

I’m just amazed that you don’t.

I’ve never known Mandy to be unpleasant

1 Like

This thread risks turning into Trolling…

I do not intend to continue answering/posting here… and respectfully suggest that others might also “call it a day” … :relaxed:

Thank you Nellie, that’s very kind of you. I do try not to be, even with people I violently disagree with, and often have to take several deep breaths to avoid being so :wink:

In fact, I have been helped so much by posters on this forum that I try to help others as much as I have time for. I believe I attempted to help with your cat sitting problem @anon18525102 when you were a little less provocative.

I have, though, been thoroughly impolite to one particularly unpleasant member who seems to have disappeared - even to the point where @Stella was forced to remove my posts. Oops!! :smile:

1 Like

Yes running the household, but not paying the rent, rather trying to avoid the rent collector as during a rather terrible period my father didn’t have enough money for food and rent !
Doing the washing and ironing too, lucky you have never had to find out the hard way what you can do when desperate measures are called for !
Didn’t know what exchange rates were and didn’t have passports as my family never had money for luxuries like holidays!
Oh and yes some very lucid memories from when I was aged 4 years old, my baby brother was desperatly ill and subsequently died !

Well, should you read her post very carefully she admits to being 'particularly impolite!!! I take no offense though. I believe her to a nice person also.She gave me very good advice on a problem I had regarding cats, for which I am grateful.

Well I had to answer what I consider as a ‘veiled attack’ on my honesty. Don’t worry I shan’t bother anymore with this unpleasant man’s post. I doubt if he even realises that an apology would be in order!
Never mind I have more important things to do too than worry about small minded individuals :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If memories of children and children are valued I remember as a child a local oddball, he too was name of Kenneth. He was called Kenny the benny. I think he had a trainset or a steam engine that he showed to local kids.Its funny I’d never thought of this for many years, but this thread jolted my memory

Hi Chris…

Have you seen the Memories from our childhood… thread…

1 Like

What a laugh! Not only is the new British passport manufactured in Europe, but you have to be a dog to get a blue passport here. . . . . .

1 Like

The real laughs are the fact that the EU did not prevent us from having blue passports in the first place and, apart from the colour, we have little choice in the format or the information recorded in the passport whether in the EU or not.

They also objected to the Euro because they wanted the Queen’s head on the coins, but there was no rule to stop them having whatever image they wanted on British Euros. My favorites are the Greek and Irish designs.
It’s a wonder they don’t go back to imperial measures to please their American friends!

Obviously De La Rue sounded much too foreign to get the contract!

2 Likes

Don’t give them ideas.

They should go the whole hog and return to £’s shillings and pence. :crazy_face:

You know, I really miss those bobs and florins and half-crowns, not to mention the ha’pence and farthings!

And Groats & Sheckles!

1 Like

I feel positively young compared to some. :smile:

Never had Sheckles in the UK.
But I remember a moment in my youth when an American tourist asked me what a Guinea was.

Notches on sticks is my preference…
https://www.coinbooks.org/v20/esylum_v20n29a26.html

2 Likes