New Year's Eve 2013

Our local town has not bothered with a Réveillon since we moved nearby 7 years ago; so we've had to travel further afield to find a party. This year to our surprise there are two restaurants offering a Réveillon party in our local town. Several weeks ago I e-mailed about 20 french golf-playing local friends and suggested we had a joint table. Most of them replied with bonne idée by return. However now its got to 3 days before not a single one has confirmed a place at "our" table. Only one couple (Dutch) are joining us; by and large the rest have cried off due to family re-union réveillons. The place we're going to is offering a 7 course meal and champagne and cotillons + dj and dancing for 65 euros. the restaurant is quite new but gaining a good reputation for its menu. Perhaps the price has frightened them off - I don't think it was us !

The four of us will sit together, we grown ups shall take a glass of port (small one for me), some Stilton and then some cake, have a bit of a dance then bed by 0200 or so.

Quite happy to stay at home New Years Eve...out to lunch with friends on New Years Day.

Bonnee Annee...and Blessings for to ALL on SFN :-)

Off to Lassay les Chateaux tomorrow morning and will be cooking dinner for some very good friends in the village on New Year's Eve then off for a drink in the Victor Hugo,weather and stamina permitting. Happy New Year to all on this forum

On a plane from Newcastle to Dubai en route home to Malaysia.
Bonne Année!

Will go out at 2100, clean out the llamas and give them their night feed, let the dogs out for the last chance, then off to bed and read for an hour before going to sleep. Same as always and tomorrow will be just another day on the farm :-)