New Year's Eve - Beat this if you can!

So, just a few hours left for those of us in Europe, we are planning a fine evening of festivities here, well actually not, in the absence of a local pub we'll be eating pizza and maybe playing a game of Monopoly!

Beat that if you can, shouldn't be too difficult! What are your plans for this last day of 2012?

We hope you have a great time whatever they may be and wish you the best and most prosperous 2013 to all of you.

Cheers!

James & Catharine

Thanks Shirley. Actually we were in DC instead of NY but my job should be sending me to New York City for a site visit this Spring. I plan to take full advantage as they will be paying for my hotel and travel.

PS we are having the foie gras followed by roast duck this evening instead,washed down with a good,oak-aged Gaillac.

We sailed Portsmouth to Bilbao, arriving about 2pmNew Year's Eve. Our intention was to reach home [between Toulouse and Castres in time to pick up a duck and a foie gras from our farmer neighbours and enjoy a sybaritic dinner a deux. Didn't arrive until 9 pm, too tired to cook anything, so it was olives and crisps and the remains of a bottle of red we had started on the ship; we toasted the New Year with Pedro Ximenez and Christmas Cake and annoyed our family in England by wishing them Happy New Year one hour early!

We beat you to it celebrating with the family in Hong Kong. Very low key with other families kids and dogs. Bonne Annee!

I was going to stay in tonight as I am still recovering from foot surgery. But I am feeling better so Anthony and I are going out to one of our favorite Italian restaurants in Washington DC. Not a traditional New Year's Eve, but good all the same.

Best wishes for a prosperous New Year to all our SFN friends across the pond. Looking forward to traveling to our home in the Loire Valley in March for the annual wine festival. And we are excited that a good friend from Texas is joining us. Cannot wait!!!

We're having a quiet night at home The hubby came home from work today bearing roses and the makings for a scrumptious dinner that he's making. I'm sitting back, drinking a glass of wine, while he prepares. Our son went to bed without complaint and is asleep, and at midnight (if we're still awake!), we don't even have to go outside to see the fireworks as we can view them from the door-wall in our living room. Life is good this last night of 2012!

May you all have a wonderful 2013!

Sounds delish Beverley and look us up when you arrive Elaine!

Southern style meal including black-eyed peas, collard greens, honey-baked ham and pecan pie with Martinelli's Sparkling Cider! Oh, forgot to mention that I'm in San Diego, CA. Happy New Year....bonne annee.....bonne sante!

Feeling for you Tim. Hang in there. You'll get through it...... Biltong...yum yum

Dag se, well the LelIngo helpline phone is spending New Year in Cape Town. Excellent biltong, 45 knot winds this evening, a miserable 28°C with blue sky and little puffy clouds - hardship eh?. Happy New Year to everyone. See you in 2013.

Happy New Year to everyone on SFN. We are going to friends to see in the New Year not sure what the eats and drinks will be yet, but who cares!!! Hope 2013 will be a happy healthy and wealthy one.

Last New Year in Newcastle prior to our move to Pyrenees Atlantiques at the end of January so … Chinese meal at the beautiful Orchid restaurant on the quayside and midnight fireworks over the Tyne Bridge.
Bonne Annee a vous tous!

An disparate group of many nations, many age groups, many wines, lots of Breton sea food and general silliness. Bloavez Mad (that's Happy New Year) to everybody!

We are hosting a party for about 20 people, the house looks lovely with all the fires at full pelt and the Christmas lights everywhere, I have made a jam kettle of mulled wine to start things off, I know it’s lovely as I have been testing it all afternoon! Wishing everyone a happy and healthy new year hic.

We are hosting a party for about 20 people, the house looks lovely with all the fires at full pelt and the Christmas lights everywhere, I have made a jam kettle of mulled wine to start things off, I know it’s lovely as I have been testing it all afternoon! Wishing everyone a happy and healthy new year hic.

We are having roast leg of lamb with rosemary and garlic, sauce soubise and roast veg. I have also made frozen cream cheese mousse with Drambuie. Probably won’t stay up too late, full of cold. However it is better than the New Year’s Eve 36 years ago when I was giving birth in a hospital in the centre of town and could hear them at midnight in the pub next door. My OH was in the pub as well!k

We are having roast leg of lamb with rosemary and garlic, sauce soubise and roast veg. I have also made frozen cream cheese mousse with Drambuie. Probably won’t stay up too late, full of cold. However it is better than the New Year’s Eve 36 years ago when I was giving birth in a hospital in the centre of town and could hear them at midnight in the pub next door. My OH was in the pub as well!k

Cooking a home grown pumpkin which will have a Vegetarian stuffing, for the 5 of us. Will open a bottle of fizz and perhaps play a game or watch a film in front of the fire. Kids might stay up `till midnight or we might all have an early night!!!

A Happy New Year to everyone and may your wishes come true for 2013.

Well someone else is cooking for a change (it's been non stop with family and chambres d'hôtes visitors wanting to eat in each night plus 2 full gites). Not complaining - need the business. 14 adults and 8 children for dinner tonight - each couple taking a course and champagne - luckily I got the cheese course!

Here's to a great 2013 for everyone with less wind, less rain, more sun, health and prosperity for all.