Newsletter

I’d like to start this week by thanking all of you who run the groups and contribute to the SFN site on a regular basis. James and I appreciate your efforts enormously and it is already becoming apparent that by working together, sharing information and passing on contacts, all of us benefit.

Gina Hams runs the dog lovers group Dogs Dogs Dogs and Evelyn West has posted on the comment wall there as she has come across two elderly Westies who urgently need a new home. If you can help please get in touch with Gina or Evelyn and if you can't but might know someone who can, please pass the message on.

Hilary Newhall has got a new e-book out which is a must for anyone learning French - "French nouns - Masculine or Feminine" - so if like me, you can never remember your le's and la's, this book sounds like a fabulous idea. See Hilary's page for details.

Diana Newnham is searching for Ian Kewley, a musician with 'The Samsons'. Ian may now be living in France and if you can help, please get in touch with Diana who is looking for him on behalf of a friend.

If you are looking for a property to rent in the 79 area, get in touch with Elaine Simmonds and if you are searching for somewhere in Burgundy, Tracy Thurling has an apartment to rent there.

There's lots going on at the moment - Sara Bowles is organising a dinner dance in aid of Cancer Support on November 6th. It sounds like a great night out and there are still a few places left. Check out her page for details and toddle along if you are free.

Two networking events are being organised by SF members. Judy Mansfield wants to remind those of you in the north (brr) that the next Normandy networking meeting is on Nov 21 and includes a two course lunch. Contact Judy for more details if you are interested. And for those of you further south, Jean Marc Braham's networking group are holding their first meeting in Condom (32), at the Hotel Continental from 10 -11.30 on November 4th. There are still places left so get in touch with Jean-Marc if you are interested. I will be going and am looking forward to meeting those of you who are coming. The December 7th meeting will be held at the Chateau de Lisse and followed by a wine tasting.

It's never too early to start planning where you are going to spend Christmas and if you are looking fora special few days away, Jan Rogers and her husband Richard (a retired chef) are offering a three day child free gourmet break for the 24th, 25th and 26th Dec. with extra days possible by arrangement. It sounds absolutely wonderful and you can find full details by clicking the box ad on the right hand side of this page. I suppose it would be really "bad parent" behaviour to leave our three home alone and book ourselves in....but it is tempting!

That's it from me this week. Have a great weekend and keep your news coming in for next week's newsletter.

Catharine x